|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Learn why big data and tax avoidance are some of the biggest ethical issues facing businesses today and how they can be addressed.
|👨💼 Sponsor: University of Leeds|
|📚 Field: Business Ethics|
|🌐 Host: FutureLearn|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
Explore the ethical complexities of big data and tax avoidance
Ethical behaviour brings significant benefits to businesses such as attracting employees, customers and investors. But failure to manage it properly can create huge challenges.
In this course, you’ll discover big data and tax avoidance.
You’ll examine the benefits and ethical challenges inherent to big data, including the issues of privacy and data security.
You’ll learn what tax avoidance is and discover how globalisation is increasing the likelihood of its occurrence.
You’ll also hear from experts on key ethical arguments for and against tax avoidance as you work through prominent case studies.
|SEE ALSO: Free Online Course on Sales and Negotiations Skills|
What topics will you cover?
- Explain what ‘big data is and give examples of its use.
- Identify situations in which their own personal data is being collected by commercial organisations.
- Outline the potential benefits for consumers that arise from commercial organisations’ collection, storage, and use of personal data.
- Outline the potential ethical issues that arise from commercial organisations’ collection, storage, and use of personal data.
- Explain the difference between tax avoidance, tax evasion and tax planning.
- Give examples of tax avoidance practices.
- Recognise the limits of moral relativism in ethical discourse.
- Outline the key arguments in defence of tax avoidance practices by commercial organisations.
- Outline the key arguments against tax avoidance practices by commercial organisations.
|SEE ALSO: University of London Free Online Course International Business Environment|
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in exploring two of the biggest business ethics problems.
The course will be useful for professionals working in small or larger organisations but also for anyone studying business or ethics at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Note: See other free online courses here.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.