Build your very own website with HTML5 from scratch using HTML5 and CSS3 - designed for complete beginners
|👨💼 Sponsor: Stone River eLearning|
|📚 Field: Computing and Programming|
|🌐 Host: Udemy|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
What You Will Learn
- Know how to use Html tags and build with the most common ones.
- Learn the use of attributes and common settings.
- Create CSS stylesheets that control your site design and set them up on your project site.
- Understand how the elements go together to build each part of the site
- Finish a complete typical website as part of your lessons
Students only need to know how to use a browser and a text editor. It is up to the student to choose one of each - there are many free options available.
|SEE ALSO: Free Online Introduction Course to Web Development|
When it comes to the world of technology, staying ahead of the curve is always a challenge. In the last year one aspect of this – the world wide web – has kicked up a gear with the introduction of HTML5, the newest version of the code that makes the web tick. If you learn HTML5 along with CSS3 (the next level of web design used on all modern websites), you’ll have a recipe for success; and this course will show you how.
Create a website from scratch with HMTL5 and CSS3
- Build a complete functioning website section by section
- Gain a solid knowledge base of HMTL5and CSS3 for future, more complex projects
- Control your website’s appearance, functionality and navigability
- Discover how HTML5 and CSS3 can be used in other areas of the web
- Learn best practice techniques for building websites and web pages
Build Like a Pro with HMTL5 and CSS3 Design
The only way to effectively learn HTML5 and CSS3 is by diving right in and building websites from the ground up. That’s exactly what this course does. Designed for complete beginners, you’ll create a complete website section by section during 35 lectures and 5 hours of content.
You’ll start by becoming familiar with HTML tags and how they’re used, followed by the use of attributes and common settings. Once you’ve got a handle on basic HTML, you’ll move on to the fun stuff: CSS. You’ll use CSS for fonts, colours, lists, navigation menus, and more, adding a new element to your website with each section. Links, layouts, tables, forms and videos are all covered too.
If you know how to use a web browser and a text editor, you’re all set up for this course already. No extra software or tools are needed, and you can choose your preferred option of each to get going. By the time you finish, you’ll know everything you need to know to create beautiful, functional, easy to use websites of any kind.
|SEE ALSO: New York University Basics of Computing and Programming Free Online Course|
About HTML5 and CSS3
HTML or Hyper Text Mark-up Language is the language used for presenting websites and web content. HTML5 is the latest version, made official by the World Wide Web Consortium in 2014. Having a good grasp of HTML means you’ll be able to create, present and edit a whole variety of content on the web.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) essentially ‘enhances’ HTML, giving developers and users more control over how pages and content are displayed. It is responsible for creating more visually engaging web pages, applications and interfaces. CSS3 is the latest version and has many more extended features than previous versions – although it is backwards compatible.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn HTML from the beginning.
Note: See other free online courses here.