|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|NB: There is an archive for all Free Online Courses around the world. Check here!|
Discover how modern businesses are shaped by the four forces of knowledge, technology, business ethics, and globalisation.
|👨💼 Sponsor: University of Strathclyde|
|📚 Field: Business Organisation|
|🌐 Host: FutureLearn|
|🎓 Mode: Online|
|🎓 For more: Subscribe to Courses|
Prepare for the world of work by analysing key trends shaping modern businesses
What defines modern organisations? How and why are they changing?
On this course, you’ll learn about the four forces which shape modern organisations. These are: the shift towards a knowledge economy and away from manual labour; the technological innovations being developed and used by businesses; business ethics, organised under corporate social responsibility (CSR) or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) goals; and globalisation.
For new graduates, this course will help you understand the business world you are about to enter.
|SEE ALSO: University of London Free Online Course International Business Environment|
What topics will you cover?
- An initial understanding of modern business and organisations
- Up-to-date concepts to shape understanding of the four major forces that shape the world of modern business and organisations: knowledge, technology, ethics and globalisation
- Trigger concepts to prompt changing mind about what accepted (up-to-date) knowledge is regarding the four major sources
- Upcoming concepts, developed in collaboration with the participants, to facilitate an open-minded exploration of knowledge that is still being developed
- Part of the content is developed based on the interest of the participants using the ‘Ask Viktor’ feature
- Based on Henry Mintzberg, the phenomenon of the financial crisis is described as the crisis of management rather than the crisis of economics
- Knowledge acquired in the first five weeks is applied to make sense of the financial crisis, arguing for or against Mintzberg’s position through a chosen concept from each of the four major forces that shape the world of modern business and organisations.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed primarily at graduates entering the world of the work. Anyone who is interested in learning more about how modern businesses are shaped by forces of knowledge, technology, CSR/ESG, and globalisation might find this course of interest, however.
Though no specific background knowledge is required, it is pitched at a graduate-level of complexity and is thinking-intensive. Some experience of a business environment, not necessarily at a business organisation, would be beneficial.
Note: See other free online courses here.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.