|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
In late March 2020, the UNICEF office in Nigeria received a GPE grant of US$140,000 to support the Ministry of Education with preparing a COVID-19 education strategic framework on continuity of learning.
The US$15 million COVID-19 grant supports:
- 16 states, representing 63% of schools and nearly 70% of children enrolled in school. The Federal Ministry of Education has developed a COVID-19 Education Sector Strategic Framework available on its online portal, enabling states to adapt materials and develop specific response strategies
- access to diverse remote learning programs appropriate for each context, through state-level radio and television-based education programs, printed take-home activity books, worksheets, and assessment cards
- safe school operations with psychosocial support, access to children with special needs, provisioning WASH and hygiene supply to schools, back-to-school campaigns
- enhanced systemic capacity and preparedness and resilience to future shocks through capacity building at the state level
- prioritization of children from the most marginalized groups for the distribution of take-home materials and ICT equipment. They include migrant families, children from refugee communities, Almajiris and IDP camps, children living in poverty, and children with special needs
- strong emphasis on social behavioral mobilization, including sensitization on gender-based violence for girls.
Allocation: US$15 million
Grant agent: UNICEF
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
- AdamStart COVINATOR Teen Prize 2020
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
Required key documents:
For more information and how to apply, click here
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.