Application for Hands-on programme 2021 has kickstarted, the program is aimed at supporting young people to create positive community impact through volunteering service.
The hands-on programme was initiated by Iso Bassey, a husband, father, social entrepreneur, and avid golfer.
Apply for Hands-On Grant Application 2021 (Age Between 18 – 35 years)
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunitiesJoin our Telegram Group here.
Bassey is passionate about social issues especially as they affect the country – Nigeria and he is from Cross River State, Nigeria.
According to Bassey, who believed that communities can develop when young people take the initiative to solve problems. Sometimes, taking the initiative can be difficult unless there’s someone to hold your hand and support you along the journey. I’m hoping to do just that, he noted.
|SEE ALSO: Energy Talent Program 2021 for Young Nigerians | Ongoing
Years ago, I regularly raised donations and volunteers, and together we executed several community-based projects (Here’s a short video of one of these projects – A story of transformation). What I learned from this experience is that as individuals if we are passionate about issues and willing to act, people will support us.
The Hands-On programme is to support young people (18 to 35 years), who are passionate about community issues and willing to act. If this sounds like you, please read on, and let’s set the ball rolling.
- Support young people to create a positive community impact through volunteering.
|SEE ALSO: Graduate Internship at Pulse Nigeria
- Bring about positive development in communities through volunteering
- Mobilize and support young people to be agents of social good
- Create a peer-to-peer learning environment that will enhance the leadership skills of young people
- Hands-On is a programme for young people between the ages of 18 – 35 who are passionate about issues affecting their communities and who are willing to spearhead positive change through volunteering. We believe that volunteering can make a big difference to communities and can help young people discover more about themselves and open them up to new and exciting opportunities.
- Hands-On offers an opportunity for young people to grow their skills through training and peer to peer learning in the following key areas:
- Harnessing community resources
- Volunteering skills
- Project management
- It is aimed to support three social good projects per year that harness the power of volunteering to bring about change that affects communities positively.
- Applicants whose age ranges between 18 – 35 years will be selected through a competitive process. We shall be watching out for two things. PASION and IMPACT.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website to apply https://handson.ng/hands-on
- Fill in your personal details
- Hit the Submit button and Wait for a reply from the team
- Once you are successful, you will be contacted to partake in the community initiative program and grants disbursement.
Support & InsightsDo you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.