Ibua Journal which is keen to see the imaginations of Africans has commenced its 2020 Continental Call. The theme is "Bold: Imagining a New Africa".
By this call, they make it possible for the people and Continent to express their hopes and desires for the continent. These expressions can be shown in the Short Story or Poetry categories.
The Ibua Journal is an online magazine of literary fiction, poetry, memoirs, essays, critical review, and features by writers living in the African continent. We provide African writers with a regular platform for sharing their stories with the world.
- The winning story and poem will receive a cash prize of $300 and $100 respectively.
- The Shortlisted stories and poems will receive $100 and $50 respectively. The shortlist is a total of 5 per category.
- All Long-listed stories and poems will be published in the anthology Bold: Imagining a New Africa (E-book) and in the Ibua Journal.
Terms and Conditions
- The editors have a right to accept or reject any
- The organizers review window runs for 30 days from the close of submission.
- Longlisted submissions (10 per Category) will undergo further revision if necessary. All writers are encouraged to keep an open mind during this Editorial process.
- A shortlist will be determined from the Final submissions at the end of the Editorial process. Short-listed stories and poems (5 per category) will receive a Cash Prize.
How to Submit for Ibua 2020 Continental call
- Only one submission can be entered per author per category (Short story or Poem).
- Submissions should be in Microsoft Word format as follows: Font style: Calibri Light; Font Size: 12; Line Spacing: 5.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and in the English language.
- Submissions should include Bold: Imagining a New Africa on the cover page.
- Writers must be living in any African country.
- Writers should be 18 years and above.
- All submissions should be set in an African country, city or village.
Deadline: 8th November 2020.