Writers are now encouraged to submit a very short story (up to 750 words) for the Stories of the Nature of Our Cities Flash fiction contest. $6,500 is up for grab to the best unpublished story centered on the theme "City in a Wild Garden". The contest will run from 9th September, 2019 to 1st January, 2020.
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
“You do not have to literally use this phrase in your story. You may interpret liberally any of the words in the phrase: city, wild, and garden. Plot elements must include cities, nature, and people. It has to be fiction (that is, a story, not an essay)—any genre, from science fiction to magical realism—and can be about anything: climate change; food security; utopias; wild nature; a love story; … anything. At TNOC, we are very interested in imagining cities in which nature and people co-exist, cities in which the relationships between the human-made and the natural are imagined differently”.
• Writers from all nationalities are welcome to apply. There are no geographical restrictions.
• Writers must be 16 years and above.
• Stories must not exceed the word count: 750 words or less (not including the title)
• Submissions must reach the organizers before the 1 January 2020;
• Stories must be set in a city. You are free to interpret the word ‘city’ as you please.
• Nature and people must be significant plot elements in your story.
• Stories must be written in the English language.
• Send only original, previously unpublished stories.
• No simultaneous submissions, please.
• Only entry per writer is allowed.
• Entries must be submitted via the contest’s web-based form.
Prizes and Awards:
•Six authors will be awarded cash awards.
•One first place story will get $2,000;
•Two second place winners will get $1,000 each;
•Three third prize winners will get $500 each.
•A good number of shortlisted stories will be included in a book to be published by Publication Studios.