Writers are now encouraged to submit a very short story (up to 750 words) for the Stories of the Nature of Our Cities Flash fiction contest. $6,500 is up for grab to the best unpublished story centered on the theme "City in a Wild Garden". The contest will run from 9th September, 2019 to 1st January, 2020.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: or
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER:Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
According to the press release,
“You do not have to literally use this phrase in your story. You may interpret liberally any of the words in the phrase: city, wild, and garden. Plot elements must include cities, nature, and people. It has to be fiction (that is, a story, not an essay)—any genre, from science fiction to magical realism—and can be about anything: climate change; food security; utopias; wild nature; a love story; … anything. At TNOC, we are very interested in imagining cities in which nature and people co-exist, cities in which the relationships between the human-made and the natural are imagined differently”.
• Writers from all nationalities are welcome to apply. There are no geographical restrictions.
• Writers must be 16 years and above.
• Stories must not exceed the word count: 750 words or less (not including the title)
• Submissions must reach the organizers before the 1 January 2020;
• Stories must be set in a city. You are free to interpret the word ‘city’ as you please.
• Nature and people must be significant plot elements in your story.
• Stories must be written in the English language.
• Send only original, previously unpublished stories.
• No simultaneous submissions, please.
• Only entry per writer is allowed.
• Entries must be submitted via the contest’s web-based form.
Prizes and Awards:
•Six authors will be awarded cash awards.
•One first place story will get $2,000;
•Two second place winners will get $1,000 each;
•Three third prize winners will get $500 each.
•A good number of shortlisted stories will be included in a book to be published by Publication Studios.