Most of you all have registered for your National ID Card but yet to collect it. It is possible they are already out but you are not aware.
According to the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), if you registered for the national ID card a long time ago, then you can now check it online if it’s available.
How to check if national identity card is ready:
To check if your National Identity card is ready, follow the simple steps below:
- Visit NIMC centre here: https://touch.nimc.gov.ng/
- Then click the proceed button
- Now, fill in your first name, last name and your NIMC tracking ID and hit the ‘check now‘ buttons
Recently, a NIMC representative described the advantages of the new national identity card. Apart from many other things, it may also be used as an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card anywhere in the world where there is MasterCard logo.
Briefing journalists in Abuja, NIMC’s Director of Technical Services, Mr Emmanuel Ogungbe disclosed the Commission have already signed an agreement with MasterCard.
Before you proceed, kindly consider these opportunities below:
- African Union Youth Volunteer Corps AU-YVC Programme 2020 for Young African Professionals
- UNICEF Internship Programme for All Nationalities, 2020
- How to apply for the ongoing 2020 Nigerian Police Recruitment
- First City Monument Bank (FCMB) AgriTech Epic Pitch 2020 for Entrepreneurs (₦1.5M Grant)
- Erupt! 2020 Art Competition ($8,000 in prizes)
- Know Innovate Transform (KIT) Impact Challenge 2020
He explained that, besides being just a Nigerian national ID card, it is also a cash card, so the holder can withdraw money in any place. Moreover, especially within the West African sub-region, it soon would become possible to travel with this card only, passport-free.