AGNI, an American literary magazine at Boston University currently open to unsolicited submissions of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. They pay up to $200 per pieces with No entry fee.
The magazine has published an amazing number of talented writers, including Sarah Ladipo Manyinka, Chika Unigwe, Jhumpa Lahiri, among others.
“We look for writing that catches experience before the crusts of habit form—poetry and prose that resist ideas about what a certain kind of writing “should do.” We seek out writers who tell their truths in their own words and convince us as we read that we’ve found something no one else could have written” their call for submission reads.
Target Group: Writers from anywhere in the world.
Host: AGNI - Boston University
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Mode of Application: Online Portal
See other opportunities: Visit our archive
- Writers from anywhere in the world.
- There is no submission fee.
How to submit:
- Submit a short story of any length.
- Or a nonfiction piece.
- Or a packet of five poems.
- Submissions should be in English. Translations from other languages into English are welcome.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- The submitted work must be original.
- Use page numbers.
- Double-space prose submissions.
To submit online, Click here. You can also post your submissions to;
236 Bay State Road
Boston, MA 02215
- AGNI pays $10 per printed page, for fiction.
- And $20 per printed page, for poetry, up to $150.
- Writers published in the print magazine will receive two copies of the issue in which their work appears.
For enquiries, see here.