Enyo Anthology being the first in Africa to be made up of African plays aims at reflecting tradition and culture.
Enyo Anthology asks for a play you have written honestly and genuinely with the aim of making impact. They are not theme restricted. Enyo wants plays that transcend reality to metaphysical portraying the fine African tradition. Plays that will show the condition of people and individual longings.
How to submit for Enyo Anthology
- Submissions that will breach any of these rules will not be read.
- Manuscripts should be properly edited before submission.
- The play should be between the range of 1,500 to 3,500 words. Plays are dialogue fastened and a good playwright should be able to write their play on a limited number of words when given as a condition. This does not mean that the play should thrive without the necessary descriptions and, maybe music and dance.
- Musical or children plays are not acceptable.
- Submission should be sent as doc formatted in TIMES NEW ROMAN, font 12, the file named as the title of the work and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Subject of your email should read SUBMISSION FOR ENYO, FIRST ISSUE.
- Do not write your name or any identifying information about you on your submission. Only the word count should be written on the body of your email. Submissions are judged and accepted chiefly on merit.
- Writers whose works are accepted will be contacted to send their bio.
- Simultaneous submissions are okay but, please notify Enyo when your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Submissions are only open to African writers.
- They will consider an excerpt of an unpublished full-length play when it can stand alone.
- Previously published works are not acceptable. Submission must not have been published on any medium, forthcoming on a journal or under consideration for publication. And must not have been produced before by a theatre company.
- Do not submit works translated into English from any of the African languages: submission must originally be written in English.
- Plays must be the original work of the contestant.
- Please, your submission must be with the email you can be contacted with if your play is accepted.
- The writer should not be below the age of 20 and above 40 years.
- Either of the theatre companies in partnership with Enyo may decide to perform the best plays. The writers will be contacted when this happens; to attend the staging of their play. Their transportation, accommodation, and feeding will be taken care of by the team.
- Application opens: June 23, 2020, and ends September 10, 2020.
- Essay Competition: Conventional Arms Control and Confidence- and Security-Building Measures
- Barnhill Prize Essay Contest, Prize worth $250
- 5 Important Email Etiquettes for sending your CV/Resume
Follow ACEworld Publishers on Twitter for more opportunities, latest educational, career and literary news. Click the button below.