The Commuter is open for new submissions: prose, poetry, and graphic narrative. Submission window opens all through to July 27th (11:59 pm). If your work is selected, they can offer a total payment of $100.
The Commuter, which is one of the prizes by Electric literature, is the home for poetry, flash, graphic, and experimental narratives. It publishes weekly on Monday morning and has showcased the likes of great authors such as Caroline Hadilaksono, Aleksandar Hemon, Jonathan Lethem, Lindsay Hunter, Tahirah Alexander Green, and Julia Wertz.
Recommended Guide: How to win writing Contest (Let’s Write a Short Story Book 3)
Submission guidelines for the commuter:
- For prose, submit up to 3 flash fiction pieces, either standalone or connected. The total word count should not exceed 1500 words in a single document.
- Poetry entries should submit 3–5 poems in a single document, and please limit the page count to 8.
- For Graphic Narrative, they are interested in both traditional and non-traditional forms of visual storytelling. Submit up to 3 pieces of narrative illustration, comics, or mixed media narrative. For comics, each piece should contain a minimum of 3 panels. The total page count of your submission should not exceed 15 pages.
- Submit all genres in .doc, .docx, or PDF.
- Please submit only once per category.
- If your work is selected, they can offer a total payment of $100.
All submissions will be accepted through their Submittable page.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App