|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Yale Drama Series is currently accepting submissions for their 2021 playwriting contest. This year’s contest will be judged by Paula Vogel. Prizes include David Charles Horn Prize of $10,000, manuscript publication by Yale University Press and lots more.
Target Group: Anyone from around the world
Deadline: August 15, 2020
Mode of Application: Online
Recommended Guide: The art of submission by Aremu Adams
Check previous opportunities: Visit our archive
Receive new opportunities: Join us on WhatsApp or Follow us
- Anyone from anywhere in the world writing in English.
- There is no submission fee.
- If you have previously won the prize, you are not eligible to submit.
How to Submit:
- Submit a play written in English.
- The play should be a minimum of 65 pages long. Plays with less than 65 pages will not be considered.
- The play must be unpublished.
- Submit only one manuscript.
- Translations, musicals, and children plays will not be considered.
- Co-written manuscripts will not be considered.
- Plays that have been professionally produced will not be considered.
- Submitted plays must not be under option, commission, or scheduled for professional publication.
- The manuscript should be typed, word-processed, and the pages must be numbered.
- The manuscript should not include any identifying information.
- The Yale Drama Series reserves the right to reject any submission for any reason.
- The manuscript must begin with a title page. The title page should include: the play’s title, 2 – 3 sentences describing the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes.
- If you are submitting by post, submit here: Yale Drama Series, P.O. Box 209040, New Haven, CT 06520-9040.
- The deadline for submission is August 15, 2020.
- The winning play will receive $10,000.
- The winning play will be published by Yale University Press.
- The winner will also have a staged reading at Lincoln Center’s Claire Tow Theater.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.