HundrED, a Finland based non-profit organization is looking for a full-time Researcher. They want people who are passionate about innovation in education, have experience in research, and would like to work for a global organization.
According to them, “we’re looking for a full-time Researcher to join HundrED at our Helsinki office – are you the one? We’d like to hear from you.”
HundrED is a Finland based non-profit organization that discovers, researches, and shares inspiring innovations in K12 education. Our goal is to support the improvement of education by building a global community around helping impactful and scalable innovations. We focus on celebrating, inspiring and empowering all stakeholders in education to create positive change, striving for inclusivity and openness.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented Researcher to help with our Global Collection and Spotlight projects. You will be responsible for researching, packaging, and helping manage all phases of our selection process. In this role, we expect you will:
- have already demonstrated a passion and interest for K12 education in your C.V.
- have a high standard of quality in your work
- have excellent communication skills (written and verbal fluency in English to an academic level)
- pay close attention to detail and have the ability to prioritise effectively amongst a lot of data and potential tasks
- be a fast learner and work independently
- take initiative.
- Discover and research leading innovative solutions and practices across the spectrum of education (e.g. teacher education, skills, assessment etc.)
- Contact leading innovators from all corners of the globe and create clear, informative innovation pages on our website (please review Little Ripples as an example and the innovations in our latest Global Collection)
- Curate high quality media (images and video) to complement text, editing skills and knowledge for image handling
- Build relationships with innovators, HundrED community members, and other stakeholders participating in research projects
- Manage our review process with HundrED Academy and Advisory Board members
- Review the latest practices and solutions based on the current needs in education
- Coordinate and cooperate with all members of our internal team
- Respond to questions and comments about our research projects.
- Experience as an education researcher and/or teacher (experience at the primary education level will be preferable)
- Based in Helsinki, Finland; we are currently working remotely but you should be able to work at our office during regular business hours as required when the situation returns to normal
- A good understanding of the current needs and trends in school education
- Knowledge of the current best pedagogical practices and approaches in school education
- Excellent communication skills in English (fluent: written and spoken to an academic level)
- Degree in Education or other relevant field
- Flexible: we occasionally have events and assignments that require time to be spent outside of the normal working hours
- Competency with the latest digital tools (e.g. Googledocs/sheets, Keynote, and others similar).
If selected, you’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the best educators from around the world, with a vibrant, ambitious, and international team.
- First, please review our latest Global Collection report, Spotlight on Creativity report, and Innovation Summit to understand what we’ve been up to lately. Think about relating your passion and experience to a few specific aspects from our previous projects in your cover letter.
- Then by Wednesday 21th January 2020, email our Head of Research, Christopher Petrie at firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- C.V. and salary request
- A short cover letter (around 300-500 words) indicating why you are interested and how your background is relevant for the position
- Preferable: select a few samples of relevant work you have previously been responsible for (e.g. research, articles you have written, presentations given, projects, other published works).
Please note that if you are shortlisted for this position, you will be given an assignment to complete in preparation before the interview.
You can further reach out to Chris (email@example.com) for more information about the position.
DEADLINE: 21th January 2021
Add to Calendar
While you SHARE this opportunity with FRIENDS, please FOLLOW us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App