|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
Applications are invited for:
- The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) hereby invites registered Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organization (NGOs) and other interested stakeholders whose work is on democracy, governance and election and who wish to observe the FCT Area Council Elections scheduled to be hold on 12th February 2022. This is without prejudice to any previous correspondence with the Commission.
- In view of the above, interested observer groups should complete the application form (EC14A(I) and submit the same online along with other necessary documents (including evidence of past election observation).
- Observer groups should particularly note that all other information including Legal status, evidence of registration with the Civil Society Desk at INEC Headquarters, Abuja among others are to accompany the online application.
- Any falsification of documents in the submission will lead to automatic disqualification and possible prosecution.
- The list of successful observer groups approved for accreditation will subsequently be published in National Newspapers and on the Commission’s website.
Accreditation Of Successful Observer Groups
- Each successful group would then be required to complete and submit online the Deployment of observer’s form (EC 14A (II)).
- Successful Observer groups should also note that passport photographs (in JPEG format) of their members to be deployed to the field shall be arranged on an Area Council basis and shall be submitted along with the deployment form (EC 14A (II)). This is to enable the Commission to produce identification/accreditation tags for individual field observers.
- All successful observer groups will be required to sign the Commission’s indemnity form before receiving their accreditation letters.
Notes on Election Observation Exercise
- Observer groups should note that the core principle of election observation as contained in relevant UN, AU, and ECOWAS treaties and protocols, as well as INEC guidelines on Election observation (2008), which includes impartiality, objective and non-partisanship should guide the conduct of observers during the election and any observer groups found compromise those principles be banned from future participation in election observation.
- In accordance with the prevailing circumstance in the country, accredited observer groups are expected to comply with all the regulations and protocols on Covid-19 as issued by Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Presidential Task Force, including INEC guidelines on Covid-19 including the provision of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as face masks, hand gloves, and hand sanitisers, as well as maintain Social distancing by all their members that will operate in the field on Election Day.
- Details of Covid-19 Protocols as it relates to the election are available at (www.inecnigeria.org).
1. Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) Click here to Apply
- Must be a Public / Civil servant on Grade level 10 – 14 OR A Registration Area Officer (INEC Staff).
2. Registration Area Center (RAC) manager Click here to Apply
- Must be a staff (GL 07 and above) of the school / Institution / Public building hosting the RAC.
- Must be a Serving Corps member
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria with a knowledge of IT
- A staff of an MDA with an OND qualification
- A former corps member (Not earlier than 2019 batch)
|SEE ALSO: European Union (EU) Traineeship Programme [2022-2023]|
4. Registration Area Technical Support (RATECH) Click here to Apply
Applicants for this category must have an IT background
- Must be a suitable INEC staff (not engaged in any other duties)
- A serving corps member where available
Application Deadline: Thursday, 16th December 2021
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.