|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Interested persons can now apply for Internship at International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) which aims to empower an unparalleled global network of journalists to produce news reports that lead to better governments, stronger economies, more vibrant societies and healthier lives.
ICFJ works at the nexus of journalism and technology, building the expertise and storytelling skills of reporters worldwide. Through our work, journalists are enhancing news coverage and connecting more deeply with their audiences. As a result, we are increasing the flows of reliable, trustworthy news – a cornerstone of healthy democracies. We believe that better journalism leads to better lives.
The International Center For Journalists (ICFJ) is looking for a committed and talented intern to join our communications team and work with us to tell ICFJ’s story. This is an exciting and paid opportunity for a self-starter who wants to advance journalism and further develop his or her communications skills – particularly in digital media.
Interns should be enthusiastic, efficient and flexible. Good writing skills and experience with social media are required. An interest in journalism and/or international affairs is strongly suggested. Applicants should exhibit a spirit of teamwork.
Duties will include developing written, visual and video content, contributing to the maintenance of ICFJ’s website, providing support for ICFJ events and other administrative tasks. The internship, which will be conducted remotely due to the COVID-19 outbreak, requires a time commitment of 21 to 35 hours a week starting in January and lasting at least three months.
- Write and publish material for social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Own social media analytics
- Design visuals for social media
- Film and edit video interviews
- Help compile regular analytics reports using multiple tools, such as Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Update ICFJ’s website
- Write short web stories and press mentions
- Support ICFJ events
- Provide administrative support as needed
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Intern must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or a recent graduate. Marketing, communications, journalism and design majors preferred.
- Experience with video editing and video editing software
- Highly collaborative with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Take pride in your work
It is a plus if you have experience with:
- Major design applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite
Related internship opportunities
- 2021 World Bank Group Summer Internship Program For Young Professionals
- Enrol in Lagos Graduate Internship Programme | Monthly stipend of N40,000
- Graduate Internship Opportunities at Federal Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Enugu
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme, 2020-2021
- Agrostory Nigeria 2020 Farm Training Internship Programme
How to Apply for Internship at International Center for Journalists
Interested and qualified candidates for “Internship at International Center for Journalists” should click the APPLY HERE button below.
While you SHARE this opportunity with FRIENDS, please FOLLOW us on Twitter, Facebook and Telegram.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.