SC Johnson, maker of Baygon, Raid and other household products is looking for an experienced Customer Marketeer to join their commercial team for a full-time position.
As an Associate Manager, you will be responsible for developing specific Customer Marketing strategies and for the management and delivery of priorities for the assigned Category (to be defined) in the West Africa markets.
The successful candidate will partner with Marketing and Sales in the timely execution of Category-specific global driven commercialization and Base/Expand initiatives. Furthermore, you will assist Cluster Customer Marketing Manager in selecting and prioritizing customer marketing initiatives to be deployed within the country and across the cluster for the assigned category, based on local knowledge, and monitor the consistency of local execution.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Baygon®, Pledge®, Duck®, Mr. Muscle®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country.
Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- New Product Development and Category specific projects; including but not limited to ensuring that Trade Bundles developed by the Global Customer Marketing (GCM) team for the assigned Category are appropriately adopted/adapted by the Cluster, and implementation plans are prioritized, resources fairly and optimally allocated, and implementation monitored
- Supporting the Cluster CM Manager in identifying opportunities and timely execution of plans to provide scale and efficiency benefits to the Cluster and Category by eliminating duplication of work
- Together with Marketing, review and help optimize SKU assortment for the Category, aligned with HQ/Product Supply/Marketing & Commercialization directions, and deliver SKU objectives
- As needed, provide Category support to the Sales Team in the development and presentation of Joint Business Plan with major Global/Regional customers; and also in the development of Category Vision presentation
- Propose and conduct Category specific shopper studies for the Cluster, and cascade study synopsis, learnings, implications and action plans to address opportunities
- Support Cluster CM Manager in the selection of Category projects, initiatives, prioritization and allocation of resources (promotions, mix component of trade spend, etc.) and together with Sales, co-manage the Category allocated trade spend ensuring establishment and conduct of appropriate controls to manage resources, and leads course correction for the Equity-Building component of trade spending to stay within budget
Required Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree level education in a marketing discipline
- Strong (c. 5 years) FMCG Customer Marketing experience within a multinational in a Household Care Company
- Excellent data analytics skills using local data research software (Nielson, Kantar, IRI etc)
- Clear understanding of the different channel Go-To-Market principles/strategies, structures -Retail, Wholesale, Distributor, and Club
- Proven track record having profitably grown a business, having developed and implemented the appropriate policies and processes necessary to drive and manage a business, and having infused his/her cross-functional teams with a clear and focused drive for measurable performance.
- Strategic mindset, understands the strategic & tactical nature of the business.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks/projects to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to strict deadlines with a sense of ownership, drive and can-do attitude
- Excellent communication, influencing and presentation skills with strong stakeholder management and cross-functionality experience
POSITION: Associate Manager, Customer Marketing
LOCATION: Lagos State
LEVEL: Mid-Senior level
INDUSTRY: Marketing & Advertising
REMINDER: Support Room
|COUPON ALERT: Enter promo code, "fsguest" at checkout to get 30% discount off premium courses on FS Academy. START NOW!|
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.