|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The National Basketball Association is a professional basketball league in North America. The league is composed of 30 teams and is one of the four major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. It is the premier men’s professional basketball league in the world.
National Basketball Association Nigeria is currently recruiting into a vacant position.
Applications are accepted from interested persons should apply for the vacant job at NBA Nigeria – National Basketball Association.
Marketing & Communications Lead
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria
|APPLY ALSO: Secretary at the US Embassy of Nigeria|
- At the NBA, we’re passionate about growing and celebrating the game of basketball.
- Through the intensity of the game and the amazing athletic skill of our players, we deliver excitement to hundreds of millions of fans around the world.
- This position is critical in driving the growth of NBA Nigeria by driving key brand initiatives and the broader fan engagement efforts of the NBA in Nigeria.
- The Marketing lead will work across multiple departments serving as the voice of the fan and the custodian of the NBA brand in Nigeria.
- In the fan engagement role, the individual will work with the PR, social media, events and content teams to drive local, fan-centric activities for all key markets.
- Be a champion of the African basketball fan across all departments of NBA Nigeria.
- Make decisions regarding localization of global NBA campaigns and initiatives and manage execution thereof.
- Drive strategic decisions around fan engagement and the NBA brand in order to reach broader business objectives and targets.
- Lead all fan insights work, with the support of the insight’s teams based in New York and marketing team in South Africa including management of global fan trackers, bespoke research for the region, and fan panels.
- Drive key performance indicators across on marketing disciplines and update key stakeholders on campaign performance on a regular basis.
- Ensure brand standards are upheld across all creative and messaging.
- Support marketing partnerships team with marketing campaigns or across all partner activities Provide insights, ideas, campaigns, and budget for the Business Development team Support licensee manager with marketing campaigns around licensee product.
- Have a deep understanding of data analytics for the purpose of decision making and fan acquisition.
- Support all departments on all marketing needs and amplification of all initiatives.
- Supports the development of all NBA Nigeria communications efforts providing support to all needs across both business and basketball development.
- Supports a communications strategy for NBA Nigeria working with relevant NBA departments (Communications, International Marketing, Social Responsibility, CDS, Social & Digital Media, Global Partnerships & Media Distribution)
- Lead the development of the multi-channel marketing strategy, with a particular focus on social media, PR, and digital.
- Deliver the marketing communications strategy, ensuring brand messaging and creativity is consistent across all communication platforms.
- Ensure consumer and cultural insights are integrated in all marketing strategies and communication platforms.
- Having a strong content background will be an advantage.
|APPLY ALSO: Business Development Officer at Opay Nigeria|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Sports Management and/or relevant field of study.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Minimum of 8 years of marketing experience Minimum of 2 years of leadership/management experience.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience leading multi-channel marketing campaigns with expert knowledge across social media, digital advertising, and PR.
- Ability to be flexible & adaptive is a must.
- Strategic thinker, able to shape, develop and execute the strategy of NBA Africa.
- Advanced knowledge of advertising and media effectiveness measurement approaches.
- Experience building relationships with personalities and influencers.
- Good knowledge of basketball, NBA, and the BAL. Sports landscape knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Strong presentation, planning, and analytical skills.
- Proactive, thorough, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- A passion for understanding consumer behaviour.
- Marketing knowledge and experience in sports/and or/fashion/lifestyle categories a plus.
- Storytelling ability using a range of platforms.
- Ability to multitask and complete work on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Conversational or Business French is a plus.
AD PACKAGES: Push your business to the face of over 8,000 people from as little as #1,000.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.