|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc focus is on maximizing hydrocarbon production and recovery from its existing assets, acquiring and farming into new opportunities in Nigeria and realizing the upside potential within its portfolio through exploration and appraisal activities.
We hereby seek applications from interested candidates to apply for the Job Vacancy at Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc.
Lead Instrumentation Engineer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Job at Northwest Petroleum and Gas Company Limited|
- To provide leadership, training and mentorship required in the Process Automation and Controls Optimization engineering discipline of Seplat and to harness and coordinate the Instrumentation/Control engineering resources of Seplat in delivering the Instrumentation/Control engineering aspects of capital projects to world class standards so as to achieve company’s corporate business objectives.
- To also drive Instrumentation/Control engineering activities in support of modifications, operations and maintenance of existing facilities via the Seplat’s MoC process so as to ensure continuous and safe operations of facilities.
- To develop Instrumentation/Control engineering specifications and scoping for projects and to define and institute appropriate recommended practices, codes and standards to be adapted in the Instrumentation/Control engineering group for proper execution of projects.
- Coordinate Automation / instrumentation team to support construction, installation.
- Overall responsibility in planning and timely delivery of Instrumentation/Control Engineering on Capital projects.
- Provide site support and technical assistance for the entire project life cycle, of detailed design, construction, hook-up and commissioning of the new facilities, both in the offshore and onshore work environments.
- Develop and monitor project budget and schedule.
- Observe relevant factory acceptance tests and/or site acceptance tests.
- Be focal point / technical authority for Instrumentation/Control engineering matters throughout all phases of engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning.
- Provide Instrumentation/Control engineering input to other disciplines to assure design outputs are consistent.
- Oversee Instrumentation/Control engineering performed by EPIC contractors to ensure compliance with the specifications of the contract.
- Act as company representatives (Instrumentation/Control) to ensure design work by contractors meets project standards and relevant industry recommended practices, codes and standards.
- Monitor performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions relating to Instrumentation/Control design.
- Assist construction and commissioning teams with field questions encountered during installation.
- Participate contribute effectively in HAZOPs, constructability review, 3D model reviews, Alarm Rationalization workshops and other key design reviews.
- Assist in mentoring and developing Instrumentation/Control Engineers and closing competency gap of engineers by recommending trainings both in-house and outdoor trainings.
- Initiating and scoping Instrumentation/Control engineering tasks needed for project execution.
- Interpret and implement local and international design codes and practices to comply with local and international laws, as applicable.
- Drafting and reviewing cost estimates, input to budget submissions.
- Carry out preliminary, basic, and detailed instrumentation engineering studies and produce associated deliverables, e.g. MTOs, datasheets, cable routes, drawings, control philosophies, SAFE charts, etc.
- Develop scope of work for automation work to be carried out on existing facilities and supervise contractors during execution.
|APPLY ALSO: Administrative Officer at MacTay Consulting|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Automation Engineering / Process Control / Instrumentation or any relevant degree with minimum of 18 years experience in the Oil & Gas / E&P industry.
- Understanding of Full project lifecycle exposure: (Concept to execution) plus Field expansion development experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant standards, norms and regulations Experience in conceptual design studies, FEED, detail design in both Green and brown field developments.
- IT knowledge and exp. In relevant engineering software applications Knowledge of the local environment and operations is an advantages.
- Hands on experience in automation engineering design, field supervision for field Automation execution.
- Must have worked as Automation/ Instrumentation/Control engineer/senior Instrumentation/Control engineer for an operator and have been involved in both onshore and offshore projects.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.