Website Murtala Muhammed Foundation
The MurtalaMuhammed Foundation (MMF) is a non-profit organization, founded on the ideals of the Late Gen. Murtala Muhammed, a former Head of State of Nigeria (1975-76). The MMF has long been recognized as a pioneer of democracy, policy advocacy, education, human rights, women empowerment, disaster relief and betterment of lives of Africans.
Numerous agencies have awarded their recognition and support to the MMF for its excellence, integrity, transparency and professional standard. Since its inception, the Foundation has been committed to supporting local communities, and has committed its resources and goals to sustainable development of Nigeria.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Program Officer at Murtala Muhammed Foundation
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja, Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Social Media Manager at Konga Nigeria|
The responsibilities of the Program officer will cover all aspects of project operations/ management and logistical processes, as specified below, with responsibilities growing as his/her capacity develops.
Responsibilities and Functions
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
- Prepare, coordinate reviews, edit, and disseminate project-related reports and documents, including subcontract scopes of work, country strategies, progress updates, curricula, and other documents and reports.
- Participate in new business development bids including writing job descriptions, participating in strategic phone calls, providing guidance on proposal budgets and providing administrative support as necessary
- Perform administrative tasks, including letter writing, database curation and maintaining and updating project folders and spreadsheets
- Programme planning and implementation
- Oversee and implement the foundation’s social media strategy – ensuring engaging material is posted frequently across all platforms
- Overall responsibility supporting implementation of individual projects to help ensure timely delivery of high-quality project deliverables, in coordination with the Team Leader
- Lead on project tracking, including on deliverable deadlines, invoicing schedules
- Undertake risk management of assigned projects, escalating to country manager when appropriate
- Drafting and managing deadlines for fundraising proposals
- Communicating and building strong relationships with potential donors, corporates and partners
- Supporting the country manager with the development and implementation of systems for project management and other tasks as required.
- Conduct thorough research as required on development trends, funding prospects and other subjects as required
- Production of marketing materials when required
- Ensure correct and innovative Monitoring and Evaluation procedures are undertaken for all current projects
- Planning and coordinating project field trips with staff, including ensuring adequate and innovative materials are being collected. Facilitate travel arrangements for staff and consultants.
|APPLY ALSO: Total Nigeria Plc Graduate Talent Programme 2021|
Key Result Areas
- Ensure that the stipulated projects are carried out with successful results and according to set the time
- Maintain a dynamic and engaging media presence of the organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all times
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation procedures are undertaken correctly and escalate potential risk of projects
- Manage other team members, plan and coordinate field trips and maintain proper documentation of all projects record.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc or BA in any related course
- 1-3years as programs officer
- Experience in the NGO space is an added advantage
|APPLY ALSO: Stock Keeper at Rhodies Resources Limited|
Behavioural and Technical Competencies
- Take initiatives and communicate effectively both orally and written
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Implement program’s vision and establish its direction
- Promote and demonstrate ethical values
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate for “Program Officer at Murtala Muhammed Foundation” should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. using the position as the subject of email.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📵 Read Offline with our Web App