|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Administrative Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Senior Administrative Assistant
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Cross River | Nigeria.
Job ID: 31957
Family Location Type: Family
Salary: Grade: G5
Hardship Level: C
|APPLY ALSO: Business Development Executive at Alan & Grant|
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships:
- The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the office where the position is located.
- The Senior Administrative Assistant normally has no direct supervisory functions though it rests upon the supervisor of the post to make time specific arrangements subject to a given situation.
- The incumbent will always function under direct supervision of a Senior Officer often Administrative Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance.
- S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description.
- They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records.
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents.
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential.
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor’s calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps.
- Assist the management to organize and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds.
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR.
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer.
- Assist in processing MIP and various other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR.
- Perform other related duties as required.
|APPLY ALSO: Operation Coordinator at Work Place Centre Limited|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G5 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education:
- Not specified
Certificates and/or Licenses:
- Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Not specified
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
Essential Functional Skills
- IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- IT-Computer Literacy
- UN-UN/UNHCR Administrative Rules, Regulations and Procedures
|APPLY ALSO: HR Operations Officer at IpNX Nigeria Limited|
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Please note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- Knowledge of local Language is highly recommended