|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
|NB: We have a free book for you on Aptitude Test Past Questions and Answers: Check here! You can see the Job Portal for all jobs.|
IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farmland by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Communication Officer at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Jobs at Sigma Consulting Group|
- Communications Officer is in charge of managing and directing a company or organization’s public relations, create and produce internal newsletters for the organization.
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization, Maintain personal and professional competence and awareness.
- Write, edit and distribute various types of content, including material for websites, press releases, marketing materials and other types of content that take the message to the public.
- Conduct online advocacy, develop unit budget and provide monthly report on unit activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, HND or M.Sc in Linguistics, Mass Communication, English, Creative and Visual
- Arts or related field.
- 2 to 5 years of social media, public relations or other communications experience.
Skills / Expertise
- Understanding of resource management and operational procedures
- Communication and listening skills.
- Interpersonal, negotiation and persuasive skills
- Problem-solving skills including the ability to prioritize and think quickly
- Ability to multitask.
- Understanding public media needs
- Ability to keep calm in distressing situations
- Proficient computer skills. Also typing and data entry
- Ibadan, may be required to travel.
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented – quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented – supportive and fairness-focused
|APPLY ALSO: HR Business Partner at First Bank|
This Job Is:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- On call
To be decided
- Health insurance
- Conducive work environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: IITABIPsupport@cgiar.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.