Website Platinum Careers
Job Description – Communications Specialist
- Provide technical and operational support in developing, implementing and monitoring communications and public advocacy strategies and associated activities to raise awareness on Financial Inclusion, and to mobilize/engage stakeholders (FSI regulators & providers) to move Financial Inclusion to the next level for maximum impact in Nigeria.
- Develop a communication strategy for Our client including better ways to disseminate research information, materials, newsletters, footages, advocacy guides, and other messaging required
- Assesses global/local social and economic trends alongside Our client’s research data to plan and develop Our client’s strategic communications and advocacy initiatives in order to ensure a scale-up in achieving Financial Inclusion in Nigeria.
- Works with the Policy & Research Manager to distil and disseminate Our client’s primary research to relevant stakeholders. This will include proposing effective communications channels for engaging each category of Our client’s stakeholders, the appropriate dissemination channels for all research commissioned and presenting research findings in a compelling and informative manner, e.g. by developing presentations, writing reports, producing brochures, developing infographics/short videos, contributing to research publications, etc.
- Maintains Our client’s database of industry contacts, associations, partners and global experts on Financial Inclusion, ensuring that the database is current and accurate. Constantly updates the Stakeholder Map based on changed in the Financial Industry
- Participates in the preparation of high-quality quarterly and annual reports as required by Donors
- Acts as the client internal editor and quality controller for Our client publications, reports, presentations and other documents, reviewing layout and proofreading to ensure alignment with Our client’s quality standards, and managing vendors to ensure timely delivery when required
- Provides effective communications support for all Our client events, through managing communications collateral, providing editorial input to presentation materials, providing logistical support as needed, and ensuring appropriate dissemination of information through PR, the Our client website, and other channels
- Strengthens staff capacity in theory and practical communication through comprehensive training and coaching
- Assists in organizing Our client events by developing/selecting materials and other communication tools to showcase Our client’s program success stories/initiatives and contribution to improving Financial Inclusion in Nigeria
Plans, designs and disseminates regular Our client newsletters and/or other relevant publications to each stakeholder category based on Our client’s stakeholder mapping
- Conducts Evaluation reviews to assess efficacy/outcome of communications (including digital) and advocacy efforts on Our client’s strategic plan. Takes timely action to ensure the achievement of results as planned and allocated. Alerts Policy & Research Lead for timely intervention/action. Integrate lessons learned in development planning and improvements.
- As required, contribute to Our client’s knowledge management by facilitating knowledge sharing sessions, creating training materials and ensuring these materials are consistently saved to the Group Folder for ease of reference and retrieval of information
- Provides high-level support in developing and maintaining Our client’s website as needed. Determine appropriate messaging channels for Our client’s research and other relevant information to be uploaded to the website, and regularly audit Our client’s website to ensure that information is up to date, accurate and relevant
- Develops Our client’s social media strategy, implements upon approval by the Policy & Research Manager. Works with the DFS lead, Inclusive Product Specialist and other colleagues to identify, distil and disseminate key messages targeted at various stakeholders
- Stays abreast of research related to traditional and new media, and new digital technologies including multiplatform/mobile web, social media and multimedia. Guides the close monitoring of social media for new trends and platforms
- Participates in communications-related working groups and maintain close working relationships with media, communications vendors (such as PR agencies and design firms), other communications counterparts in other relevant international NGOs and FSDs.
Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the CEO
- Advanced research and analytical skills
- Data presentation and interpretation skills
- Formulating strategies/concepts analysing
- Planning and Organising
- Campaign Management skill
- Computer & Information Technology Appreciation
- Data Management
- Master’s degree( added advantage ) in Communications, journalism, public relations or other related social science field, Economics or other related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years internal & corporate communications in an international development or finance-related organisation is required; ideal candidate will have both theoretical and practical background in communications.
- Knowledge of evolving intranet and contemporary communications tools