|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
JOIN US FOR MORE ON: |
or Follow us on WhatsApp Channel
We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries-delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Data Science Specialist at DAI
Research & Data Science Specialist
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
DAI Global is committed to sustainable development worldwide. We have corporate offices in the US, UK, Brussels, and Nigeria comprising of various Business units and programme offices in
more than 100 countries. DAI’s presence in Nigeria goes back to 1971 through the in-country implementation short-term assignments and multi-year programmes. In early 2018, DAI
established a corporate presence in Nigeria to efficiently support DAI’s growing portfolio of development programmes and to drive new business opportunities across public, donor, and
private customer segments. DAI’s recent sectoral experience in Nigeria includes governance, health, economic growth, education, and WASH. DAI’s goals for the Nigeria office include more
efficient operations and diversified clientele and this requires strong knowledge management, engaged strategic communications, outstanding technical delivery and agile business
development. To that end, new business, knowledge management, and technical delivery functions now supplement functions in operations, contract management and financial
management. The strategic communications & knowledge management functions will serve as the lynchpin with all parts of the company through a mix of standard and on-demand tasks covering
four key areas – corporate communications; knowledge management; new business; and technical delivery.
- The Research & Data Science Specialist will support the development of the data infrastructure at DAI Nigeria. Drawing on expertise in programming and database systems, he/she will support the
- development of a robust, integrated data infrastructure for the company. The Specialist will design reporting tools and provide structured analyses to ensure team members have the management
- reporting data, corporate strategy data, web analytic data and operational insights they need to make business decisions.
- In line with the knowledge management & communications strategy, he/she will set up andmaintain systems that produce high-quality data, synthesize data and generate insights for decision making to improve knowledge management, corporate communication, business development and program delivery. She/he will also be responsible for conducting high quality
- research, and technical writing deliverables. He/She will be part of a multidisciplinary team that produces high impact deliverables such as online resource databases, information dashboards,
- websites, research, case studies, discourse events, learning sessions, newsletters, and other media products that are relevant for employees, project teams, and clients.
- Responsibilities will include the design and maintenance of data warehouses, dashboards, and reporting tools for operational and business impact data.
- Will work with team members to understand their analytical needs, document, and prioritize requirements, and to help them effectively use data and analytical tools developed.
- He/She will develop innovative data solutions, and information processes for the company based on proficiency with data mining, data analysis, machine learning and data infrastructures.
- Write extract, transform and loads (ETL) to automate routine data collection and reporting processes using a variety of traditional and distributed data systems.
- Technology: support the establishment of technology to manage programme and corporate knowledge such as a Project Resource Center and other relevant new technology that will optimize data analysis across multiple themes.
- Website Management: manage routine content updates for the DAI website in collaboration with the Nigeria SCKM team and Corporate Communications.
- Develop end-user documentation and provide hands-on training to team members to use existing and future data systems.
- Discourse Events: support the conceptualization, planning, management, and execution of successful virtual events including roundtables, seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions.
Corporate Services Responsibilities:
- Strategy: support the development of strategies and work plans including the development of digital strategies as part of the broader KM strategy of the unit.
- Knowledge Products: work with the team to conceptualize and identify themes to frame the generation of products such as but not limited to analytical reviews, evidence-based opinion
- pieces, annual reports, success stories, case studies, resources, guides and toolkits.
- Coordination: ensure a high degree of technical accuracy, quality and ethical standards
- assemble external talent, supervise and provide strategic direction for associates, sub-contractors and short-term consultants in charge of web and graphic design, photography, videography, digital
- marketing and technical writing. Develop appropriate Terms of Reference, manage input scheduling, and review deliverables.
- Learning: develop end-user documentation and provide hands-on training to team members to
- use existing and future data systems, engage partners and learning champions to lead the coordination of learning activities.
- Branding: contribute to the DAI brand and communications resources such as report templates, slide decks, icons.
- External & Internal Communications: contribute to internal & external newsletter development
- and dissemination to diverse audiences within and outside the company.
Programme Delivery Responsibilities:
- Billable Work: undertake billable project work in proven areas of expertise for various clients
- including external clients, projects and DAI Business units.
- Technical Oversight: design and deploy innovative, user-centered digital tools and provide
- oversight for knowledge management technology activities with DAI-implemented programs in
- Nigeria. Provide coherent and consistent technical guidance in knowledge management, technology and data analytics.
Business Development Responsibilities:
Develop Standardized BD collateral: contribute to proposal development by participating in incubators and designing digital strategies that integrate new opportunities, technology partners,
and emerging digital tools.
*Any other duties as specified by line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A Master’s degree in a humanities or pure science course such as mass communications, literature, law, or statistics, mathematics, computer science, physics – from a top university.
- 9 years’ experience with steadily increasing responsibility in research, big data analytics, technical or creative writing, communications, knowledge management roles.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills are essential, excellent oral and written communication skills, must possess the ability to deliver technically rigorous documents.
- Certification in big data analytics and/or data modelling is a plus. For example, specific technology company certifications (Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, Cloudera) including Certified
- Data Management Professional, Hadoop Certification, Cloudera Certified Professional Data
- Engineer, Google Cloud Certified Professional Data Engineer certificate.
- Ability to write strong, maintainable code is a plus. Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Linux, C++, Java, SQL, Unix, and capacity to build efficient data structures, pipelines, internal tools and algorithms for machine learning applications.
- Robust strategic thinking competencies and the ability to conceptualize bespoke projects that convert data into value and drive them from idea to execution.
- A willingness to apply unique perspectives to deploying technology as a KM solution
- A curious, creative & collaborative mindset, attention to detail, problem-solving attitude, an ability to work under pressure, adhere to tight deadlines & deliver high-quality work.
- Professionalism, cross-cultural competence, comfortable engaging in a global firm, a proven ability to work across multiple business functions and proficient at managing stakeholders.
- Demonstrated long term commitment to a career in international aid/development sector.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.