Website Viamo Inc
Digital Content Manager
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 25 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our Digital Content Manager, joining Viamo’s growing Marketing and Communications team. Your role is to ensure that we have high visibility as a thought leader within the M4D (Mobile for Development) movement, by showcasing our projects, products, impact, and achievements through multiple written mediums to our current and potential clients, with the goal of increasing new business development. You will play a pivotal role in crafting and writing communications for our international stakeholders and contributing to events that help Viamo facilitate a conversation around mobile strategies for development organization. In this role, you will manage the design and implementation of digital marketing strategies, including web, SEO/SEM, email, and social media. You will have the ability to share stories of impact in engaging and creative ways, emphasizing both the personal impact of a single beneficiary as well as the story behind impact numbers at scale. You will be the go-to person for how we speak and write about our platform, products and offerings.
You are good at seeing the big picture while also caring about the details. You are a self-starter, an excellent communicator, and are extremely organized and reliable. It is likely that while reading this job description you’re editing and improving it in your head.
- Contribute to and execute content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing objectives, playing a key role in establishing Viamo as a thought leader.
- Help define how Viamo talks about our products, soulutions, and impact.
- Lead the writing of and publish engaging content for both country-specific and global partners audiences, including:
- Source, write and produce a monthly newsletters and frequent blogs.
- Write content for product one pagers, sector use cases, and case studies.
- Write and publish content for social media and manage channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Create external content and contribute to abstracts for online and in person events such as webinars and conferences.
- Maintain and edit content for the Viamo website as needed, including SEO/SEM.
- Review and contribute to proposals as needed.
- Build capacity for in-country teams to create marketing materials. Edit, proofread and improve in-country materials.
- Contribute to brand consistency by adhering to Viamo’s brand guidelines in all work, and liaise with the team and consultants to ensure brand consistency.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs), identify trends and insights, and optimize performance based on the insights.
- Produce all other marketing materials, as requested.
Key Performance Indicators
- Success of collaboration with global business development teams.
- Number of inbound leads generated through communication channels and materials.
- Conversion rate of inbound leads to won deals.
- Newsletter Open and Click Rate.
- Increase in sales cycle efficiency: decrease in time from opportunity to won deals.
- Number of engagements and engaged users on social media channels.
- Number of external publications and mentions of Viamo.
- Consistency and completion of monthly tasks.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Director of Strategic Communications.
One of Viamo’s 25 offices around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Media or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of B2B marketing and/or communications experience in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D.
- Experience working with US/European organizations and large donors, such as USAID and GIZ.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- A strategic and creative thinker with proven experience of working on diverse and wide ranging communication strategies, including all forms of media.
- Excellent understanding of how to use traditional and digital marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile, and reputation of an organisation.
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
- Significant experience using WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Google Drive, and other marketing tools.
- Experience living and working in a Viamo country in Africa or Asia.
- Digital Sales Executive at Ad Dynamo
- Sales Executives at Sigma Consulting Group
- Digital Marketing Officer at Studenthubng [N90,000]
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French.
- Master’s degree.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.