|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications:
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- To provide transport services for staff and visitors of the British Deputy High Commission (1HMG) to and from assigned destinations within Lagos in a safe, efficient and courteous manner observing all road traffic rules and post security regulations.
- Perform administrative duties as may be required to support the effective running of the Lagos office and Transport operations in the Nigeria Network.
|APPLY ALSO: Relationship Officer at Leadway Assurance Company Limited|
Roles and Responsibilities
Transport Services – 60%:
- Manage transport booking requests and communicate effectively with customers and other stakeholders
- Drive 1HMG staff and visitors to meetings and functions within Lagos
- Conduct Airport runs to pick up/drop off 1HMG staff and visitors. Liaise with Airport officials as necessary.
- Undertake journeys to other states within Nigeria as necessary
- Perform duties in line with post security regulations
- Complete accurate journey record sheets for all journeys in official vehicles
Vehicle Maintenance and Management – 20%:
- Keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and maintenance work/costs
- Perform daily inspections to ensure that all official vehicles are road worthy and in good working order.
- Wash/Clean official vehicles ensuring they are kept tidy and parked in a secured area.
- Complete vehicle inspection checklists and promptly report any defects, faults or incidents that occur to the Transport Manager
- Check that all vehicle equipment and tools are secured safely and are functioning correctly.
Administrative Support – 20%:
- Provide administrative support for the day to day running of the Lagos office
- Assist the Deputy Transport Manager/Team Leaders and liaise with other Corporate Services staff based in Lagos as necessary
- Update transport-related data using Microsoft Office IT systems and maintain other records as may be delegated by the office/transport manager
- Maintain adequate records for all the operations of the transport unit required for audit purposes e.g. Journey records, Stores, Vehicle maintenance checklists, Fuel Consumption, etc.