|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York.
From a single country organization founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Compliance Advisory Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Job at Wema Bank Plc|
- To provide guidance to stakeholders on Compliance matters to ensure the bank’s operations and business transactions follow all relevant regulatory provisions and internal policies.
Successful candidates will be a part of the core team set to:
- Ensure adherence to Policy and Regulatory Compliance.
- Provide guidance on Compliance matters.
- Ensure Compliance Advisory Portal is always properly manned, and all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Respond to escalations and enquiries with respect to IMTOs
- Re-route STR/SAR escalations from business offices to Transaction Monitoring unit for proper filing.
- Attend to all BVN related changes taking into consideration the provisions of the CBN BVN Framework by ensuring completeness of recommended documentation.
- Attend to all Foreign Currency Transactions referred to Compliance for advice.
- Respond to request for World-Check due diligence screening.
- Ensure prompt response to Request for Information (RFI) from Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit providing requested documents.
- Review and approve account opening request for PEPs and Public Sector Accounts.
- Review and approve Domiciliary Account Tiering /Due Diligence alerts
- Conduct due diligence for Merchants and Payment Facilitators onboarding
- Review of Vendor Account Opening Requests prior to their commencing relationship with the Bank.
- Provide general advisory support and guidance on all Compliance related enquiries.
- Review and approve all agent banking account opening requests
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum Educational Level – Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum experience of 4 years in operations, Internal Control and Audit.
|APPLY ALSO: Job Vacancy at First World Communities|
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Analytic, Conceptual and Investigation Skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, power point, World Check
- Firm, professional and result-oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services, Processes and Policies
- Good Understanding of Sanction screening
What you should expect from us
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here, our employees are great assets on which we place premium and offer a wide range of benefits.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.