> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Website Google Nigeria
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Google Nigeria is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Graduate Job at Google Nigeria
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
Government Affairs & Public Policy Manager
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Recruitment at Hewlett Packard (HP)|
- As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions.
- You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
- Google takes its responsibilities seriously, including engaging with government and other stakeholders on important public policy challenges.
- The Government Affairs and Public Policy (GAPP) team leads the company’s engagement with executive branch officials, legislators, regulators and third-parties in the formation of public policy. Working closely with Google leaders, GAPP seeks to identify key policy issues, listen carefully to others’ views and opinions, and distill and share the company’s perspective on those issues with external stakeholders.
- While we focus on challenges affecting the internet, our issue areas are increasingly broad and encompass many areas where public policy, business, and technology intersect.
- Engage directly with Nigerian policymakers, industry players and key opinion formers to shape policy and political dialogue on thoughtful, responsible technology policy and the beneficial impact it can contribute to society and economy.
- Develop and implement advocacy/policy campaigns in relevant policy areas that impact Google and the web.
- Engage with trade associations, industry partners, NGOs and others to support policies that will help create/maintain the web open.
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues considering how Google should work with allied organizations and industries.
|APPLY ALSO: Senior Software Developer (Full Stack) at SAMTL|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency.
- Experience engaging directly with politicians, decision makers, academia, think tanks, business associations and NGOs.
- Experience with the Pan African regional blocks (e.g. Africa Union, ECOWAS).
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web (Key issues include technology innovation, content regulation, privacy, safety, data protection).
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong collaborator with novel ideas, energy, determination and a passion for the Internet.
- Ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that non experts can understand.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills.