|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Website Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Explore opportunities to take your career to the next level. Whether you are a student, a graduate or an experienced professional, discover the impact you could make with a career at Shell.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below. All Interested candidates are advised to go through the vacant position and submit their applications appropriately before the deadline.
Human Resources Generalist
- If you’re a Human Resources (HR) professional with proven experience, we can offer you the opportunity to work at the heart of our Human Resources Operations or Employee Relations/Industrial Relations (ER / IR) Team in one of the world’s largest corporations.
Where you fit in:
- Providing a world class HR experience to employees and line managers is essential in a changing and competitive landscape.
- As we transition to cleaner forms of energy, the challenge facing Shell and the wider energy industry in the coming decades is considerable.
- As an Human Resources professional, you have an important role in building a great place to work for our people, enabling them to be their best, which in turns supports Shell to be its best.
- You will be on the front line of creating exceptional HR experiences, provided HR support to employees and Managers.
What’s the Role?
As an HR Advisor within our HR Operations team, you will be accountable for:
- Support Line Managers with Organizational Management related to organizational changes and resourcing.
- Support with the execution of global/local change initiatives.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience by supporting Line Managers through regular core HR events (e.g. team changes).
- Play active role in resourcing processes by advising the line, providing good candidate experience, and cooperating with Country Operations team for the execution of the transfers.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with HR-related cases.
- Diagnose incoming requests to establish the needs of the line manager and/or employee; subsequently, take ownership for resolution or determine correct routing to other parts of the HR model.
- Support Line Managers with local and global policy queries.
As an HR Advisor within our ER/IR team, you will be accountable for:
- Employee Relations and Employee Engagement including participating in local consultation processes and requirements, managing external risks and ensuring compliance with external legislative requirements, and develop and leverage relationships with internal Employee Representative bodies.
- Industrial relations including engaging with the with the Union and employer associations, preventing and managing industrial action, and
- HSSE, Compliance & Ethics including collaborating with key Management stakeholders, lead HR investigations and other complaints and other grievances, in addition, ensure a duty of care towards employees and contractors.
- Capability and community building including ensuring robust information & knowledge management relating to country specific ER/IR content and collaborate with HR to ensure good solid knowledge of Labour Practices standards internally and keeping up to date with the external news and developments.