UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Protection Case Management Associate
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: OND – BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Admin Officer at Gabsyn Peyzs|
- The Protection Case Management (PCM) Associate is typically located at Multi-Country Office, Branch Office, or Field Office. S/he is a member of the Protection Section, but maybe working under Registration, Refugee Status Determination, or the Resettlement units; and normally supervised on a rotational basis by the head of the functional units (Registration, RSD, or Resettlement) where s/he provides support at any given time. Depending on the operational priorities, s/he is responsible for supporting activities relating to registration, refugee status determination, and resettlement; to ensure the implementation of the operational policies efficiently, and compliance to the comprehensive protection and solutions strategy applied.
- The incumbent may provide day-to-day supervision to the UNHCR mandate registration process. S/he will be conducting registration, or RSD, or resettlement, or other protection interviews, and drafting different documents including assessments for refugee status determination, resettlement referrals, and other protection-related purposes. S/he may also be involved in communication with external partners regarding resettlement issues. Depending on the operational needs, s/he may be responsible for mentoring new caseworkers.
- All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional, and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity, and respect for diversity.
- Assist in the implementation of registration strategies and methodologies for populations of concern (PoC).
- Assist in the supervision and daily running of registration team activities, where required.
- Carry out interviews and assessments, as applicable, in line with the individual case-processing policies and standard operating procedures relating to registration, RSD, and resettlement.
- Provide counseling to, and respond to queries from asylum seekers and refugees, including in the context of the notification of decisions on individuals cases.
- Support timely identification and referral of persons with specific needs for protection intervention and follow-up as required. Collaborate with other units for the delivery of assistance.
- Assist in the development of a protection strategy for registration, RSD, and/or resettlement for the Operation.
- Review special cases and following up on the status of cases from resettlement submission to departure.
- Assist in monitoring individual case processing trends and in compiling and analyzing statistics related to individual case processing. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and statistics related to all work on individual cases, ensuring that proGres database is properly updated.
- Assist in developing and maintaining updated tools to ensure that PoC has access to accurate information on the UNHCR individual case-processing policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.\