|KINDLY SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!|
Website Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past. The Group’s core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Health and Safety Officer at Dangote Group
Health and Safety Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Benue | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Field Security Associate at United Nations|
Job ID: GbokoHSSE001
Category: DCP – HSSE
Department: Plant Operations
Reports to: Site Manager HSE
Direct Reports: Safety Stewards
Please do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer, employer and/or recruiter unless futher verified from your end. ACEworld will not be responsibe for any scam/fraud. Please stay safe!
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
📩 Stay in the know with our Newsletter
- Ensure that the DCP OH&S policy is understood and implemented at shop floor level.
- Support plant operations with the implementation of H&S initiatives, H&S management system, and H&S programs
- Conduct safety training and awareness programs in line with the DCP annual HSE goals and targets.
- Maintain all documents and records as per Nigerian Federal Laws relating to H&S with regard to plant operations.
- Inspection of plant and equipment is carried out for maintaining safe work place:
- Lifting equipment
- Pressure vessels
- Portable electrical equipment
- Elevated work
Roles and Responsibility
- Conduct identification, assessment and analysis of the hazardous activities within the operations
- Conduct various H&S trainings and awareness program including induction training of all
- Conduct regular inspections of plant and equipment
- Conduct regular tool box talk with shop floor
- Inspect on going work to ensure compliance of PTW system
- Assist plant managers in conducting JSA as and when required
- Conduct surveys to check quality and adequacy of these, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement annual H&S improvement plan and monitor its implementation
- Maintain relevant documents/records for safety are properly maintained at plant
- Attend all shutdowns and major breakdowns from H&S point of view
- Comply with all relevant H&S legal requirements
- Specific H&S KPI for this position will be discussed and agreed with the Site Manager H&S in line with the BU/Group Policies and KPIs
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Vacancies at Dangote Group|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization and/or hold a Diploma or a degree in Engineering and related fields.
Skills & Knowledge
- Very good knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and control
- Very good knowledge on Fire Safety Management
- Good understanding of PTW system and RCA
- Understanding of Nigerian Federal Laws related to H&S
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of H&S audits and inspection
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in Cement industry or other heavy industry
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Team Player
|APPLY ALSO: Fresh Jobs at Altak Industries Limited|
- Language Requirements
- English, (verbal and written)
- Professional Memberships
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development