Website Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavor competing with itself to better the past. The Group’s core business focus is to provide local, value-added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs of the populace.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Internal Control Officer at Dangote Group
Internal Control Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Benue | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Admin Officer at Gabsyn Peyzs|
- Assist in maintaining financial controls with respect to assigned functional areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate accounting procedures including month-end procedures and timetables for the month-end and year-end closing for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare month-end financial statements and analysis of expenditures for assigned functional areas.
- Provide assistance in resolving queries and preparation of cost center reports.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are properly maintained, reconciled and discrepancies are promptly addressed.
- Identify control issues such as undefined balances, un-posted entries, balance sheet imbalances, etc., and raising queries for resolution of these issues.
- Monitor the status of budget spending/ activity and review financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with DCP Nigeria’s finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Financial Control & Reporting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
|APPLY ALSO: Program Assistant at The African Centre for Innovation and Leadership Development (ACILD)|
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Career Development Opportunities
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.