> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Website US Embassy
USD $30,414 (N4,382,748) Annually & USD $21,974 (N2,963,460) Annually.
U.S. Consulate General – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
In practice, a diplomatic mission usually denotes the resident mission, namely the office of a country’s diplomatic representatives in the capital city of another country.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Job Openings at the U.S. Embassy
Bodyguard – All Interested Candidates
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: SSCE
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Announcement Number: Lagos-2021-075
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: LE – 0701 5
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-5
|APPLY ALSO: Technical Assistant at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply / Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 09. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Incumbent serves as a Bodyguard (BG) in the execution of protective security operations for the U.S. Ambassador/Chief of Mission (COM) and other designated or visiting U.S. government officials as directed.
- The BG is under the supervision of the BG Supervisor and managed by the Regional Security Officer (RSO) to the U.S. Embassy Abuja and provides protection against harm and embarrassment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a commercial bodyguard (BG), civilian or host government police or military is required.
- A thorough knowledge of defense measures to be used in the event of a personal or terrorist attack, such as that learned in the military or law enforcement training.
- Knowledge in medical, fire, hostile attack, defensive and emergency driving procedures.
- Must be familiar with Nigeria’s Police Services, military, security and other government offices to ensure effective liaison and to facilitate effective protective operations including advance and motorcade operations. Good working computer skills are required.
- Completion of high / secondary school is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Limited knowledge reading / writing / speaking English is required.
- Limited knowledge reading / writing / speaking any of the three major languages (Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba) is required.
|APPLY ALSO: Monitoring Officer at IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture|
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have initiative and resourcefulness in accomplishing tasks.
- Must be able to deal effectively with people of other cultures to obtain cooperation and reach common goals.
- Possesses good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must have valid Nigeria driver’s license. Must be able to demonstrate judgment and basic safe driving skills in both oral and practical examination. Should be able to operate an armored vehicle and pass the defensive driving training.
- Must be able to work variable shifts, 24 hour on-call schedule, and able to travel outside capital city on an as needed basis.
- Proficient in first aid and use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Must have fast reflexes, active thinking, excellent observational skills, adaptation, take decisive actions, stay calm in dangerous situations, teamwork, communication skills, etc. and have the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be physically fit and be able to endure frequent travel, long working hours, and a stressful working environment while maintaining the above standards.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $30,414 (N4,382,748) Annually.
|APPLY ALSO: Information Systems Auditor at Wema Bank Plc|
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Apply To This Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
- For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Driver’s License (Boat Pilot License)
- Primary school Certificate
- For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.