|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
UNDP has been in Nigeria since the country became independent in 1960 providing capacity building and policy development support to the Federal Government of Nigeria in areas of Governance & Peace Building, Inclusive growth and Sustainable Development.
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) acknowledges the need for a strong workforce to achieve the vision of improving the health and well-being of people everywhere. We offer an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and you are eligible for 30 days of annual leave per year on a full-time basis.
Interested and qualified candidate for “Job Vacancy at UNDP” should click the APPLY HERE button below and start their application.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: 1 Year
Practice Area: Management
|APPLY ALSO: Work-In-France: Teaching Jobs at France Embassy|
- Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Finance Analyst (NOB), the Finance Analyst is responsible for the effective and transparent utilization of financial resources and the integrity of financial services.
- The Finance Analyst promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
- He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex financial issues. The Finance Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Finance Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme, and project teams in the Country Office (CO) and with UNDP HQs staff and Government officials ensuring successful Country Office (CO) performance in Finance.
- Implementation of operational and financial management strategies
- Projects’ budget management
- CO cash management
- Control of CO accounts
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures implementation of operational and financial management strategies, and adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and follow up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- CO Finance business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance under the supervision of the Finance Specialist
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for development and management projects, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions.
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals on cost-saving and reduction strategies.
Ensures the management of projects’ budgets and organization and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration of proposals for the planning of financial resources of the CO, preparation of reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
- Establishment of projects’ budgets preparation/modification monitoring system, control of budgetary status versus authorized spending limits (ASL), and budgets delivery levels.
- Implementation of the control mechanism for projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications, budgetary status versus ASL, follow-up with HQs on ASL for projects, maintenance of General Ledger.
Ensures proper control of CO accounts focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and elaboration of proposals for the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; payrolls are duly prepared; MPOs, travel claims, and other entitlements are duly processed, and receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals are properly done in compliance with IPSAS and UNDP policies and procedures.
- Control of accounts closure
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers. Timely response to HQ requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Control of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and maintenance of General Ledger.
Ensures proper CO cash management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely review of cash position for local accounts to ensure sufficient funds on hand for disbursements. Timely identification and recording of receipts for income application.
- Daily review of zero-balance account bank statements in Atlas to monitor imprest level; identification and recording of contributions.
- Initiation of bank transfers and deals, selecting bank transfers and deals for approval and settlement.
- Timely preparation of monthly cash flow forecast for use by the supervisor.
- Acts as a cashier for onsite transactions.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO and guidance to all stakeholders on financial matters focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization/conduct of training for the operations/ programme/projects staff on financial management.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in Finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced (Masters) University Degree in Finance / Accounting, Business or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have a distinct advantage.
- Long-listed candidates may be required to undergo the UNDP Advanced Accountancy & Finance Test (AAFT).
- A minimum of one year’s relevant experience is desirable in providing financial management services, managing staff, and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required for external candidates.
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by the deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem-solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Proactively initiate and champion change, manage multiple competing demands
- Adapt with Agility: Open-minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Act with Determination: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, be aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
|APPLY ALSO: Qatar Airways Latest Job Recruitment|
Functional & Technical competencies:
- Business Direction & Strategy – Strategic Thinking: Ability to develop effective strategies and prioritized plans in line with UNDP’s objectives, based on the systemic analysis of challenges, potential risks, and opportunities; linking the vision to reality on the ground, and creating tangible solutions. Ability to leverage learning from a variety of sources to anticipate and respond to future trends; to demonstrate foresight in order to model what future developments and possible ways forward look like for UNDP.
- Business Direction & Strategy – Business Acumen: Ability to understand and deal with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome. Knowledge and understanding of the operational frameworks in the organization and ability to make good judgments and quick decisions within such frameworks.
- Business Direction & Strategy – Entrepreneurial Thinking: Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
- Business Direction & Strategy – Effective Decision Making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise, and resources.
- Business Direction & Strategy – Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience. Ability to manage communications internally and externally, through media, social media, and other appropriate channels.
- Business Direction & Strategy – Integration within the UN: Ability to identify, and integrate capacity and assets of the UN system, and engage in joint work; knowledge of the UN System and ability to apply this knowledge to strategic and/or practical situations.
- Business Direction & Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organization’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner. Knowledge of relevant concepts and mechanisms.
- UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
Impact of results:
- The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in financial resources management and success in the introduction and implementation of operational strategies.
- Accurate, thoroughly researched, and documented financial information, timely and appropriate delivery of services ensure client satisfaction and enhance UNDP credibility in the use of financial resources.
Candidates selected pursuant to this vacancy may be subject to UNDP’s policy on Probation upon assignment.
⚡️We have recorded a 96% success rate on our ad packages at Latest Opportunities. You can read customers comments, check our numbers or book a package now.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.