> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centers: London, Paris, and New York.
From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Vacancy at United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Team Member, Investigation Monitoring & Enforcement
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Graduate Job at Sterling Bank|
- Ensure policy and regulatory compliance.
- Provide compliance and advisory function services to management.
- Raise the culture of Compliance in the bank.
- To manage and support the bank’s compliance risk management strategy by monitoring and enforcing regulatory compliance and compliance with the bank’s laid down rules.
- Be involved in helping Cluster Compliance Officers in ensuring compliance with the external and internal rules guiding the bank across the various cluster arrangement.
- Promote initiatives to ensure compliance with the bank’s laid down policies/rules in order to enhance the compliance culture in the bank through spot checks, regular risk based reviews etc.
- Be involved in the activities of Cluster Compliance Officers to organize and facilitate AML training sessions, enforcing complete documentation/ applying adequate KYC controls, investigations and handling of unusual/suspicious transactions, records keeping.
- Assist Cluster Compliance Officers to respond to and close out enquiries on Compliance HelpDesk, respond to enquiries from regulatory and law enforcement agencies, review questionable transactions referrals (QTRs) from BOs.
- Ensure Cluster Compliance Officers submit spot check reports etc to the Chief Compliance Officer are received as planned. etc.
- Monitor regulatory changes, level of compliance to Internal and External regulations by through monthly incidence reporting.
- Facilitate in Compliance training.
- Monitor transactions according to Policy.
- Dispose Actimize alerts.
- Track Compliance & AML Audit Review comments of the subsidiaries and Group Compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to Chief Compliance Officer when necessary.
- Track Regulatory Compliance examination comments of the subsidiaries and Group Compliance to ensure that corrective actions are implemented and escalate to Chief Compliance Officer when necessary.
- Other ad hoc tasks.
|APPLY ALSO: Accountant at Tunnel End Investment Company Limited|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a University First Degree
Previous Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit, Compliance, Risk
- Banking: Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Strategic thinking & problem solving ability.
- Avid Reader
- Analytic and Investigation skills
- Conceptual skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Value adding orientation.
- Proficiency in use of excel, power point, World Check, Finacle, Actimize etc.
|APPLY ALSO: Business Executive at Adron Homes and Properties Limited|
- Attention to detail
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Policies & Regulatory universe/directives.
- Good understanding of sanction screening