|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of the EU embassy development programme.
The EU is also committed to support Nigeria’s efforts in promoting peace and security and in supporting efforts to further reinforce good governance and human rights. There are several compelling reasons why we are committed to make this work: Nigeria’s economic and social strength; its evolving democratic institutions; its role in promoting democracy and stability in Africa generally, and particularly in West Africa;
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Recruitment at European Union
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Job at Wema Bank Plc|
- We offer a post of Accounts Clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary.
- This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
- The candidate, Local Agent LA3 will work full time (37.5 hours weekly) in a multicultural and multinational environment at the premises of the EU Delegation in Abuja, Nigeria.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in a relevant field (Accountancy, Finance or Business Administration) and minimum of 3 years of work experience in performing in accountancy and/or financial & budgetary duties, requiring a measure of initiative and/or sense of responsibility.
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience accountancy in the processing of financial and administrative documents, high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with a significant workload such as;
- Liaise with the Delegation’s bank and monitor its bank account;
- Encode invoices into the Delegation’s accounting system and record financial data in appropriate software;
- Execute accounting transactions and follow-up outstanding and non-executed transactions;
- Make sure that financial, budgetary and contractual rules, procedures and deadlines are respected;
- Follow the consumption of commitment and payment credits;
- Assist in the preparation of reporting to the Headquarters;
- Assist in the preparation, finalization and follow-up of the yearly budget;
- Assist in procurement procedures;
- Participate in the creation and optimization of relevant accounting tools;
- Follow up, adjust and verify the execution of the authorized budget, in compliance with the financial regulations;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgetary documents and reports;
- Provide information and participate in presentations on financial and budgetary procedures;
- Encoding of travel Invoices in MIPS
- Responding to Ex Post Control request
- Proper handling of Exception/Non-Compliance Notes
- Attending to Suppliers/Contractors on payments and on Legal Entity and Bank Account information
- Encoding LEF/BAF of third parties in the ABAC Workflow;
- Act as back-up to the Accountant any other tasks as delegated by the section coordinator.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (Accountancy, Finance or business Administration)
- Thorough knowledge of financial, budgetary and contractual rules, procedures and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone, respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
|APPLY ALSO: Corporate Internal Auditor at Coca-Cola|
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN611,861.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate for “Recruitment at European Union” should submit their Applications (a letter explaining their interest and suitability for this position and Curriculum Vitae – each 2 pages maximum), to the attention of “Head of Administration” to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Secretary – e-Del-HRM No 44325 and Sysper 2 No 157298” as the subject of the email.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
- After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for this post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting document.
- The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which is a written test, followed by interviews. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
- The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will inform the remaining candidates by email, once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
- The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to: email@example.com
- Applications received after the deadline stated below or not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.