Website Vitafoam Nigeria Plc
With its root name derived from “Vita”- the Latin word for “life”, the company has since its inception, till date, worked at contributing to every aspect to its synonym from the cradle to old age. It has produced quality domestic and industrial products that add absolute value and comfort to life for work, school, leisure, health, maternity and child growth.
Established in 1962 by two giants; British Vita and Unilever, and listed on the floor of the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 1978, Vitafoam has become Nigeria’s most prominent and leading producer of Polyether, foam products, furniture, upholstery products and adhesives.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Logistics Manager at Vitafoam Nigeria Plc
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Territory Manager at Afro Ocean Bridge|
The Logistics Managers is responsible for planning, coordinating, and monitoring logistics operations such as procurement, warehousing, inventory, transportation and supply chain processes.
- Preparation of Stock review and re-order levels.
- Oversees raw materials distribution between Central Stores and factory locations.
- Processing and monitoring of foreign purchases.
- Processing of Form ‘M’ applications on agreed Proforma Invoices, provisional duty and arranging for opening of Letters of Credit with the banks.
- Follow-up shipment of outstanding orders and ensuring that all necessary documents are received for clearing shipments through customs.
- Overseeing clearing of all imported items by both sea and air through the appointed Clearing Agents. Ensuring claims for lost or damaged cargoes and receipt of all the Exchange Control documents from Clearing Agents for submission through banks to the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Checking and approval of Suppliers, Clearing Agents and transporters’ bills for payment.
- Identify and establish relationship with suitable suppliers.
- Selection of new suppliers which involves obtaining and comparing quotations, negotiation of prices, delivery times and testing of samples.
- Raising LPOs on new and existing suppliers for the Head of Logistics and Managing Director’s endorsement and follow-up delivery.
- Contribute to company’s strategic outsourcing programme
- Use of basic tools and techniques to plan and improve all aspects of supply chain.
- Develop and maintain statistical models that can be used to operate the supply chain.
- Use of basic strategies and processes in procurement and inventory management.
- Preparation of regular reports to Management on stock/transit position and other purchasing activities.
- Coordinate distribution of finished products
|APPLY ALSO: Sales Representative/Beauty Advisor at Perfect Trust Cosmetics Ltd|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations, logistics, business administration, transportation, or engineering
- 7+ years of experience working in logistics, warehouse, or transportation operations
- Age not more than 35years
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
- Exceptional planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of logistics and inventory software
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate for “Logistics Manager at Vitafoam Nigeria Plc” should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email