IITA is guided by an ambitious strategy–to lift 11.5 million people out of poverty and revitalize 7.5 million hectares of farm land–by 2020. We are a nonprofit organization founded in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported by several countries.
As one of 15 research centers in the CGIAR, a global partnership for a food secure future, IITA is engaged in several CGIAR Research Programs (CRPs). Our mission is to enhance food security and improve livelihoods in Africa through research for development (R4D).
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Monitoring Officer at IITA
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
|APPLY ALSO: Graphic Designer at United Bank for Africa (UBA)|
- Design the project’s M&E framework/plan, based on current project information and adding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) when and if necessary, to track progress and achievements in line with the IFAD guidelines and from a gender lens.
- Develop the overall M&E framework for the project, including but not limited to logic model (Theory of Change, Result-based logical framework), Baseline, Performance Indicators Tracking Table, Project Performance Monitoring Plan, Communication plan, Feedback Response Mechanism, Summary of Evaluation Table.
- Develop methods and tools for the data collection including real-time data collection using electronic devices where possible, and remotely support the rollout of the plan.
- Contribute to the development of project work plan and update in accordance with project activities and timeframes.
- Coordinate the compilation of information for the preparation of narrative progress reports, implementation reports, and other substantive reports as required.
- Supervise and monitor developed enterprises- by providing regular analysis of the agribusinesses alongside the hub managers.
- Develop, conduct baseline, and generate data for each of the project components and for all the indicators, collect data on a regular basis and maintain the M&E database.
- Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess the progress of a project.
- Organize and participate in M&E-related events arising during the project and provide advice to the coordinator on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Generate program information and dashboards for tracking and depicting progress on activities and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc / HND in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment or donor funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Have ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
- Have strong experience working with theory of change, logical framework design, performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
- Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
- Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and impact evaluation studies
- Have strong experience using ONA / ODK for data collection and, quantitative / qualitative analytical techniques.
- Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
- Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
|APPLY ALSO: FAN MILK plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021|
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.