About the Company: At uLesson, we are building an app to help African students be the very best they can be. Our team of talented people are passionate about media, technology, education, and the African continent. Together, we seek to build a learning experience unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness. Our company is built by successful and experienced entrepreneurs who founded businesses such as Konga.com and E-Motion Advertising.
About the Role: We are looking for an Actor/Presenter to join our team. The candidate will be required to take scripts created by our curriculum design and content writing teams and deliver engaging and stimulating lessons to a target audience of children between the ages of 12 to 17.
Qualification and Skill
- Ease in front of the camera and ability to take directions is essential.
- Great command of the English language and strong reading skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English in a neutral accent that can be understood by cross-cultural audiences spanning Africa, Europe, and North America.
- Possess great diction, ability to enunciate clearly, as well as good use of grammar and vocabulary.
- Ability to infuse excitement and enthusiasm – and even the occasional comedic relief – into an on-screen performance.
- Ability to apply good judgement on when to ad-lib and introduce extemporaneous lines into a performance. with the goal of enhancing the overall quality of the content.
- Previous experience in acting or presenting in a similar role is a plus.
- Previous experience teaching younger children is also a major benefit.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply by submitting the requested information below to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Actor/Presenter“:
- A CV
- A brief write-up (not more than 500 words) telling us about yourself and what attracts you to this role.
- A link to a video recording or a video file of yourself presenting any topic of your choice, which you believe best demonstrates your suitability for this role.
Location and Duration: The role is based in Abuja on a contract basis, covering a 3-month period starting from March 2021.
Compensation: Net salary ranging between NGN 1-1.3 million per month, depending on experience and skill.
Please note that failure to follow instructions above will disqualify you from the process. Also, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.