World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members.
We help developing countries achieve sustainable growth by financing investment, mobilizing capital in international financial markets, and providing advisory services to businesses and governments.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Operations Officer at World Bank Group
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Job #: req12611
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
|APPLY ALSO: Accountant at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria|
- IFC’s Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Department covers sectors which cater to basic human needs such as food, shelter, jobs, health, and education. They play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue, and stimulating growth through SMEs.
- IFC’s priorities in MAS are: (i) increasing access to goods and services with a particular focus on frontier countries and regions; (ii) building top sector expertise to make IFC the preferred partner for key clients, (iii) supporting local companies while improving their transparency, efficiency, and sustainability; (iv) catalyzing foreign investment, including mobilizing B loans and parallel loans, and (v) developing client, sector, and country-level solutions which can be scaled and replicated.
- IFC promotes private sector investment in health by supporting projects that will have a positive impact on national health systems and will deliver value for money.
- IFC supports the private sector’s role in increasing access to quality, affordable healthcare across three pillars: health services, life sciences, and medical technologies with a combination of investments, advisory, disruptive innovations, and upstream reforms.
- Healthcare providers use hospital accreditation and external peer assessment processes to assess their level of performance and to implement ways to continuously improve.
- There are two types of existing hospital accreditation: (i) Hospital and healthcare accreditation which takes place within national borders; and (ii) International healthcare accreditation. However, the existing assessment schemes have their limitations, which have constrained them from providing services to healthcare providers in countries without national accreditation or with a lower level of sophistication: (i) National accreditation schemes are only available, recognized and implemented in a limited number of countries, such as the US, UK, EU, Canada, Australia, Romania, Malaysia, Thailand, China, and India. They also vary considerably in quality, size, and cost. (ii) International healthcare accreditation schemes are focused on full-service and international-standard hospitals with high level of sophistication.
- The facilities requesting accreditation must pay substantial fees and devote significant amount of time and resources to prepare for and undergo the international accreditation process.
- A key developmental target for IFC investments in the health sector is to promote the delivery of quality services built on sustainable business model platforms.
- The IFC Healthcare Quality Assessment Tool is designed to provide a tailored assessment to healthcare providers who want to assess and improve their quality, but currently don’t have access to either national or international schemes, or need additional support to prepare for formal accreditation.
- The tool is designed to be used to assist hospitals to complete on-site assessment of their quality care of care and safety of the hospital environment to identify how well they are meeting defined priority (or “core”) standards. IFC will also use core components of the assessment to evaluate entities it is considering for investment.
- The Operations Officer for Health Quality will be responsible for delivering the health quality assessment and related advisory services with IFC clients in Africa as required for pre- and post-investment support, and for upstream client engagements for relevant cases.
- The Operations Officer is also expected to contribute to IFC awareness and thought leadership activities in healthcare quality.
|APPLY ALSO: Executive Assistant at Candor Consulting|
- Deliver IFC healthcare quality assessments. This will include the completion of quality assessments for IFC clients or other entities wishing to make use of this IFC quality service.
The core deliverables will be:
- Plan assessments in advance with the client
- Attend and complete an assessment utilizing the IFC quality tool.
- Provide initial feedback to the client immediately post assessment;
- Provide a full report to the client based on the findings of the assessment.
- In addition to the above, provide additional advisory work if required to support a client in quality improvement recommendations arising from the findings of the initial quality assessment.
- Provide support if and when required to IFC health specialists on quality related matters for project due diligence.
- Complete when required portfolio client assessments of quality if instances of risk associated with service quality are identified.
- Recommend improvements and updates to the quality tool on a periodic basis.
- Participate in the development of additional tools as required. This could for example also include the development of dedicated tools for senior care or other types of specific services relevant for IFC business, quality, and other types of healthcare benchmarking.
- Ensure regular communication with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support development of awareness materials on healthcare quality such as online training modules, workshop facilitation materials, and expert blogs.
- Prepare information to comply with internal IFC and external donor reporting requirements as needed.
|APPLY ALSO: Program Officer at Murtala Muhammed Foundation|
Qualifications and Requirements:
To apply for this job please visit worldbankgroup.csod.com.