Website Buhler Nigeria
Buhler Nigeria – Every day, billions of people come into contact with BÃ¼hler technologies to cover their basic needs for food and mobility. We strive for innovations for a better world, with a special focus on healthy, safe, and sustainable solutions.
We contribute significantly to feeding the world’s population, while setting the focus on food security and safety. Our solutions and technologies enable efficient and clean mobility.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Procurement Officer at Buhler Nigeria
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Accounts and administrative officer at Western Spike Energy Resources Limited|
Job type: Permanent, 100%
Date Start: 01.08.2021
- Buhler Group in Lagos, Nigeria is looking for a skilled engineer to join their team as a Procurement Officer. This position will be responsible to identify and develop local supply sources to support our customer projects in procurement of materials with best quality,cost and time.
- Develop and implement procurement strategies from square one
- Request and compare quotes from suppliers and choose best supply option based on quality, cost and lead time
- Timely placing of purchase orders according to priorities list
- Proactive tracking of purchase orders: follow-ups, order confirmations, expediting, payments, etc.
- Evaluate and audit suppliers on a regular basis, find alternate supply source when required
- Negotiate prices and contracts
- Sourcing of new parts, identifying and on-boarding of capable vendors
- Maintenance of purchasing data such as pricing, lead times, vendor material numbers, etc.
- Problem solving with suppliers to guarantee on-time delivery and quality
- Participation in projects for supply cost reduction, localization of parts and reducing supply risks
- Proactive communication with internal customers on delays or other topics which may negatively influence an order / delivery
- Support in managing supply base
- Any other related assigned tasks
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Recruitments at Stanbic IBTC Bank|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field of Engineering.
- With 5 – 8 years of Technical Procurement experience
- MBA in Supply Chain management is an advantage
- Fluent communication skill in English.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian market
- Experience in vendor development
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of key tools and systems related to supply chain functions
- Sales skill is an advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- International and successful company with sustainable prospects for the future
- Wide technically and modern environment with interesting challenges
- Professional environment with an open communication culture
- Exciting development and training opportunities
- Great and dynamic work environment