Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc – Headquartered in Ibadan is responsible for electricity distribution within the south western zone (Oyo, Ogun, Osun and kwara as well as some parts of Kogi, Ekiti and Niger states).
We are an organization with a focus on delivering excellent service to the customers and providing customer satisfaction through reliable power distributions.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Procurement Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Oyo | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Intern at GIZ Nigeria – International Firm|
- To ensure that the equipment and materials needed to maintain operations are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions.
- Interfaces with Supervisor to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Conducts research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Receives and collates requisitions from Functions, plans orders and manages approval processes.
- Receives expression of interest from vendors/ service contractors and assists in negotiating terms of sales with vendors to minimise cost implications for IBEDC.
- Prepares requests for bids, process specifications and other exhibits that may be required in procurement process.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed – tracks orders and delivery dates.
- Reviews and endorses invoices for services rendered by vendors.
- Monitors vendor/supplier performance against contractual obligation and agreed KPI’s whilst routinely benchmarking them against the competition.
- Requests amendments to or extensions of contracts if required.
- Arbitrates claims or complaints occurring in performance of contracts.
- Identifies opportunities and develops action plans to achieve efficiencies in the procurement process.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.Sc. in Purchasing & Supply or related courses
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor Degree
- Required Experience: 1 – 3 years
|APPLY ALSO: Accountant at Stresert Services Limited|
- Good analytical skills
- Good report writing and oral communication skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Proven experience in procurement, implementing procurement strategies, driving cost savings and improving terms and conditions.
- knowledge of various factors affecting the selection of procurement methodologies including impact of new technologies, pricing structure of various markets, life expectancy of equipment, and associated costs.
- Ability to use Procurement software tools/technology.
Note: When the page opens, click on “Click Here to See Vacancies” and select “Procurement Officer” to apply accordingly.