|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Website Plan International
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organization was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Who We Are We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children. We work with communities around the world to end the cycle of poverty for children
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Procurement Specialist at Plan International
SAP Procurement Specialist
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and the applicant has the pre-existing right to work and live.
Type of Role: Two year fixed term contract
Reports to: Supply Chain – Systems & Standards Lead
Functional Area: Global Supply Chain
- As part of the Global Supply Chain team in Plan International, you will support and compliment the use of SAP Procurement module as part of key business processes across the organization. You will help to build the capacity of SAP Procurement module users, increasing the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of the function as a critical enabler to Plan International’s maximizing the impact in the countries where we are working.
- You act as the first line of support for SAP Procurement functional queries and issue handling, working closely with the Supply Chain Systems and Standards Lead to provide workable solutions for users. You will support the integration of current business processes for procurement with a specific focus on SAP.
- You will engage across functional and geographical boundaries throughout the organization, engaging a range of stakeholders and users.
- The role requires excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and a methodical approach. With experience in SAP Material Management (MM), specifically procurement features and functionality and a certification in SAP Procurement you will absorb new systems and processes quickly as you integrate your expertise with Plan International’s current SAP system configuration.
- Experienced in issue handling, management and resolution your interpersonal skills, active listening and analytical, evaluative and problem solving skills will be invaluable.
- As part of the Global Supply Chain team in Plan International, support and compliment the use of SAP Procurement module as part of business processes within the organization.
- This role will help build the capacity of SAP Procurement module users, increasing the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of the function as a critical enabler to our projects, to achieve greater impact in the countries where we are working.
Dimensions of the Role
Area of Responsibility:
- First line of support for SAP Procurement module functional queries and issues handling for procurement module.
- The role is expected to work closely with the Supply Chain Systems and Standards Lead to provide workable solutions for users. The role will be to support the integration of current business processes for procurement with specific focus on SAP and include the delivery of training for users.
- The role requires excellent communication skills, an eye for detail and a methodical approach to one’s workload.
- The SAP Procurement Specialist will need to learn Plan International’s current SAP system configuration, system customizations and business processes fast with the ability to train and teach others at various levels within the organization.
Line Management of Staff:
- Internally, this role will engage across functional and geographical boundaries throughout the organization, engaging a range of stakeholders and users primarily those who use the SAP system modules especially for Procurement.
- Support for SAP functional queries and issue handling for procurement module.
- Working closely with Supply Chain Systems and Standards Lead to be able to provide workable solutions for users.
- Understanding of SAP security (Roles and Authorizations)
- Maintain and update mapping for approval hierarchy matrices for managers worldwide to their area of responsibility.
- Monitor the adherence to key business processes and, collaboratively work with the Supply Chain Systems and Standards Lead to introduce appropriate activities with business users to drive adoption.
- Create and maintain the training requirements and materials for a variety of methods for both computer-based and instructor-led training including online discussion forums, super-user groups, newsfeeds, etc.
- Provide induction / refresher training to SAP Procurement module users. Maintain a training log and report on the training provided to users on a monthly basis.
- Develop change related communications and announcements to relevant business users at all levels.
- Collaborate with SAP support team and business users to implement new processes, enhancement and upgrades.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UATs), when required
- Develop a relationship with SAP Global Helpdesk, IT and SAP focal points and other SAP Super Users throughout the organisation.\
- Support with SAP data cleansing processes by developing communication and engagement plans, providing Offices with guidance and support documents to managing the clearing.
- Support in MASS data cleansing actions at a global level for Plan Worldwide
- Prepare clean data on approved templates for migration to other systems.
- Generate reports and analyse data for SAP and SAP BI data cleansing processes.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
- This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Other duties as required.
|APPLY ALSO: Job Vacancy at MasterCard Nigeria|
- Engagement with staff at different levels and functions in Global Hub, Regional Hubs and Country Offices to support, guide and train on SAP Procurement module.