IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM Nigeria commenced activities in 2001 and focused its interventions on counter trafficking activities, migration issues, return and reintegration of stranded migrants especially to Liberia, and Voluntary Returns from abroad.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Programme Support Officer at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Programme Support Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND – MBA/MSC/MA
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
|APPLY ALSO: Procurement Officer at Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) Plc|
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Programme Development Coordinator and in close cooperation with Programme Managers
- (PMs), technical focal points and colleagues from the Regional Offices, the successful candidate will support the country office’s (CO) activities in the design and development of new programmes/projects as well as for participating in donor liaison and programme reporting forIOM in Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Compile and analyze relevant information on migration-related issues and trends in Nigeria, identify recommendations for the new strategic and operational approaches for the CO.
- Contribute to the development of and consolidate analytical, strategic and thematic reports and documents on IOM Nigeria approaches and priorities, for internal use and external distribution to donors, government, partners and other counterparts.
- Contribute to the development of and consolidate concept notes and project proposals in line with the CO’s strategic and operational priorities and needs, and in line with donors’ interests and requirements, for negotiations and submission to donors.
- Follow up with relevant colleagues in the CO, RO Dakar on review, approval for submission and endorsement of concept notes and project proposals, donor reports, and any other relevant documents, in line with internal requirements and procedures.
- Support the CO’s liaison and fundraising functions.
- Organize, attend, report and follow up on contacts and meetings with donors and partners,collect information about donors’ policies, approaches and funding opportunities, provide information on and ensure follow up as needed in view of new project opportunities.
- Consolidate and analyze data on CO’s programmes, projects and activities, to facilitate the preparation of donor reports and the relevant CO, regional and Headquarters periodic and activity-specific reports.
- Assist in the overall integration of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans, tools, and frameworks into projects during their development, implementation, and reporting; and facilitate sharing of relevant M&E resources in partnership with the program staff; and support the development of M&E data collection and quality assurance tools for PMs and implementing partners.
- Research, draft and compile any other information and documents necessary for project development, reporting and donor liaison purposes.
- Support and assist in liaising with relevant authorities, United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and UN Agencies, non-governmental organizations and other stakeholders.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.