> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
Website British High Commission
NGN573, 296.78 / Month.
British High Commission (BHC) Nigeria – Our Political Section is responsible for political relations between the UK and Nigerian Governments. They monitor the political situation in Nigeria and seek to strengthen the bilateral relationship
The Consular Section at the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos, and our consular network throughout the country, provide assistance to British nationals visiting or living in Nigeria. All consular assistance inquiries should be directed to Lagos.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Project Officer at British High Commission
CSSF Lake Chad Basin Project Officer
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
Job Ref.: 10/21 ABJ
Grade: B3 (L)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: CSSF (Conflict, Stability and Security Fund)
|APPLY ALSO: Latest Job at UNICEF|
Main Purpose of Job:
- The Conflict, Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) provides development and security support to countries at risk of conflict or instability. The CSSF is a flexible fund, with an annual budget of approximately £1bn, which supports and delivers security, defence, peacekeeping, peace building and stability activity in over 70 countries using both Official Development Assistance (ODA) and non-ODA funding.
- The Lake Chad Basin crisis is now entering its 11th year, and has left 5.9 million in need of humanitarian assistance, 2.9 million displaced and 36,000 dead. It has never been more important to find a concrete solution to the conflict. The CSSF Lake Chad Basin (LCB) programme is a £12.6m multi year programme split between ODA and non-ODA supporting interventions around the LCB.
- Our CSSF LCB Programme Team is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual for the position of Project Officer. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work with a range of stakeholders to deliver on security and stabilisation projects in the LCB. The successful applicant will be experienced in working with implementers in fragile contexts and able to provide administrative and project management support in a challenging operating environment to ensure the CSSF is delivering impact, value for money and fulfilling its obligations through high quality reporting, good financial management and wider compliance.
- The role is based at the British High Commission Abuja and it will involve working closely with CSSF Programme Managers and the wider CSSF West Africa team. Abuja is a large cross government post, with broad OGD representation and one the largest ODA programmes globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of projects and monitor project-level developments to identify problems and successes, and ensure a timely delivery and compliance with CSSF policies and procedures.
- When required, represent the programme managers at meetings with partners to discuss programme updates and any issues.
- Build strong relationships with implementers and ensure a regular flow of relevant project information.
- Contribute to risk management through a regular production of context analysis and support with monthly review and update of risk registers.
- Contribute to programme documentation through support to monthly and quarterly review processes of programme documents.
- Ensure the portfolio is compliant with the International Development Gender Equality Act (2014) by demonstrating consideration for gender equality throughout CSSF programmes, and supporting CSSF ambitions to achieve the UK’s Women, Peace and Security objectives.”
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work with programme mangers to ensure a robust monitoring and evaluation of progress against objectives in liaison with implementing partners for key projects, working with theories of change and results frameworks.
- Support the process of CSSF programme annual reviews by constructing schedules for review teams and participating in reviews where required.
- Ensure feedback from monitoring and evaluation reports is communicated and acted on by implementing partners and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Support with the arrangement of projects field visits in liaison with programme managers.
- Support with quarterly returns processes such as quarterly reporting of results and financial performance
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
- In liaison with the Finance and Compliance Officer, ensure implementers submit financial reports on time and follow up if any information is missing.
- Work with the Finance and Compliance Officer to ensure projects spend on time, delivering value for money
- Support the Finance and Compliance Officer with chasing invoices, understanding spending profiles, and evaluating budget proposals.
- Work with the Finance and Compliance Officer to provide narrative reports on variances and trends.
- Work with Programme Managers to run procurement processes and draft and agree contracts with implementing partners.
|APPLY ALSO: Customer Success Manager at London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG)|
- Take overall responsibility for the management of project-level data and ensure appropriate storage of information.
- Take responsibility for organising visits of external partners and project field visits, including logistics and travel arrangements for other members of the team as necessary.
- Record and minute meetings, ensuring these provide a clear account and audit trail of relevant decisions and discussion points.
- Organise and administer the team’s online documents, including managing the shared area filing system.
- Provide other administrative admin support as necessary, including working with the wider High Commission team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Minimum 2 years experience or qualifications in project management
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation approaches.
- Strong analytical, planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and customer service experience.
- Proven ability to work with finances and budgets.
- Good communication skills and ability to take initiative.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially those for some degree of remote working
- Excellent team working skills
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Experience working with HMG in Africa.
- Experience, knowledge and interest in peace, conflict, and security issues in Nigeria/the LCB.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
NGN573, 296.78 / Month.
|APPLY ALSO: Logistics Officer at DAI|
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- There are a wealth of L&D opportunities available through the Diplomatic Academy, on the job training opportunities as well as attending CSSF professional development, conferences and training
- Nigeria is one of HMG’s highest priorities in Africa. Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country (c180m), its largest economy and the world’s twelfth largest oil producer. One in five Africans is Nigerian. Two-thirds of Nigeria’s cl 80m people live on under $1.25 a day. By 2050 its population is expected to grow to around 440m.
- Set against these opportunities, Nigeria faces enormous challenges, including major security threats (from instance from Boko Haram in the north-east, and insecurity in areas such as the Niger Delta), huge corruption, tensions over land, resources and jobs, and a fragile economy. These challenges affect the Nigerian government’s ability to deliver effectively on security, development and prosperity — in a country that is home to a quarter of Africa’s extreme poor. Nigeria has the potential to be a major force for development across the continent. It has a strong influence on African politics, peace and security, and trade through ECOWAS/AU, and is a major contributor to peacekeeping. Abuja is one of the largest and most important HMG missions in Africa.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening. Please check your application carefully before you submit it, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs of relocation
- The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practise to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log in to your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.