|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
ECOWAS was set up to foster the ideal of collective self-sufficiency for its member states. As a trading union, it is also meant to create a single, large trading bloc through economic cooperation
its role in promoting democracy and stability in Africa generally, and particularly in West Africa; its increasing influence on the international scene; its weight in the war against poverty; its central position in the management of migration flows; its tradition of tolerance and openness, which deserves being supported and protected.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Secretary at Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Head of Business Development at British Council|
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the Nigerian labour law;
- Satisfactory knowledge of English
- Upper Secondary education in a relevant field and minimum of 3 year in performing secretarial tasks. Thorough knowledge of secretarial tasks.
- We expect a candidate with deep understanding and experience of secretarial, with high level of personal integrity, able to work under strict deadlines and able to cope with a significant workload such as;
- To coordinate appointments, organize and prepare meetings, draft minutes of meetings, respond and place telephone calls. Organise and manage the contacts list and database.
- To draft letters and notes (ensure they correspond to correct format, filing); prepare and finalize notes, routine correspondence.
- To receive, register and follow-up of mails and correspondences.
- To ensure smooth document and information management through ARES or equivalent IT tools, prepare physical files and signatories as required.
- To carry out actions enabling the physical protection, conservation and transfer of documents, records and files.
- To ensure proper filing of documents, record and carry out the various tasks related to the storage of information.
- To maintain the Delegation’s archives and all activities relating to day-to-day ‘housekeeping’ of the archives.
- Proffer solutions to records storage and retrieval challenges of the various Sections within the Delegation, and assist in retrieving documents and information materials for staff members, visitors and researchers [when authorized to do so]
- To keep abreast about developments related to the section portfolio and main issues concerning the Section
- When required, undertake other assignments that may be needed in view of the efficient functioning of the Delegation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Should possess B.Sc/HND in any related field
- Minimum of 2nd class lower division (B.Sc.) or Lower credit (HND)
- Strong leadership, motivational and management skills.
- Desired Personal Attributes:
- Pro-active self-starter
- Assertive and tenacious
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of French
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial and clerical tasks and previous experience in a diplomatic mission or international organization
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office and good control of Excel, ability to handle statistical data
- Self- motivated, proactive, ability to work in a multicultural environment, both in team and/or alone, respect for the deadlines, ability to deal with stressing situations and to work under tight deadlines, performing well under pressure.
|APPLY ALSO: Corporate Internal Auditor at Coca-Cola|
- We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as a pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- The gross basic salary will be raised in accordance with the current salary scale, depending on years of relevant professional experience, starting from NGN 611,861.