Emirates – The story of a firm whose success story is intertwined with the incredible development of Dubai could be nothing but fascinating. Against a backdrop of regional unrest and volatile global economies, progress has been maintained at a rapid pace in every year of Emirates’ and dnata’s existence
With a fleet of more than 230 aircraft, we currently fly to over 140 destinations in more than 80 countries around the world, and our network is expanding constantly. Over 1,500 Emirates flights depart Dubai each week on their way to destinations on six continents.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for Senior Cargo Assistant at Emirates
Senior Cargo Assistant
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: SSCE – NCE – OND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
|APPLY ALSO: Front Desk Officer at Plan International|
- Provide existing and potential customers with a superior and consistent quality service, both directly and in conjunction with GHA.
- Provide information and system support to customers with regard to rates, details, bookings, connections, regulations and other enquiries and oversee the service from GHA.
Job Accountabilities Linked to Objective Areas
- Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, including build instruction, maximisation of available space, load control, safety and ad hoc flight instruction
- Monitor import cargo receipt and breakdown; resolving any related issues
- Prepare and verify accurate cargo documentation, including monitoring of consignment status and ensuring correct documentation is available in accordance with local regulation and company policies
- Update flight handling reports including identification and monitoring of irregularities and discrepancies
- Dispatch post flight information to the correct departments in a timely manner.
- Receive and process cargo telephone reservations in a prompt, accurate and efficient manner
- Resolve customer queries, complaints and claims, including those escalated by Cargo Agents
- Complete administrative duties as directed by the Cargo Supervisor/Officer, including data entry, statisticsand reports
- Provide support, guidance and coaching to Cargo Agents
- Provide operational support and cover operational duties as directed by the Cargo Supervisor/Officer e.g. freighter.
|APPLY ALSO: Executive assistant / company secretary at CruxDeals Limited|
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Educated to at least GCSE standard or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an Airline / Cargo Operations environment, including at least 2 years as a Cargo Agent (or equivalent)
- Logistics / Cargo.Air Cargo.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and ideally hold a DG certificate
- Knowledge of Weight & Balance procedures and Live Animal Regulation
- PC based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail.
- Fluency in English and the language of the country you are working is essential.
- Other job related information
- Shift pattern
- The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment.
- You must have the right to live and work in Nigeria.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY