|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers.
These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest job at BIC Nigeria.
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- Responsible for the efforts, results, and success of an organisation’s finance department. Provides financial advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Recruitment at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)|
- Heading up the Finance Department of the Nigerian Subsidiary.
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the company’s financial transaction processing systems and build a strong financial discipline and accountability in the system.
- Lead and perform monthly closing activities within deadlines (e.g loading of Net Sales, P or L, inventory, CAPEX, Balance Sheet into HFM; FX Revaluation, Account Payable Revaluation etc.).
- Define with General Manager and Finance Director the annual spend targets for the different functions.
- Ensure intercompany accounts are properly and timely reconciled in line with group laid down procedures.
- Manage the accounting, tax, Financial Planning, and treasury units efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure robustness of financials through proper and timely application of accounting guidelines; implement/apply controls as per Group policies and processes.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze and generate insights on Budget Performance to drive decisions and action plans.
- Direct and supervise preparation of all fiscal reporting, such as, filling of all tax returns, Transfer pricing returns and management of company’s tax exposure/risk.
- Ensure regular performance of inventory counts for all warehouses.
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors to carry out statutory audit in line with local laws and group requirements.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and ensure timely completion of the statutory audit.
- Review the findings and recommendations made by the internal & external auditors and take corrective actions.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Provide suitable directions and leadership during internal audit inspection and compliance monitoring.
- Work with the General Manager in running the business unit from a regulatory & an operational point of view.
- Work with Functional heads and teams to build their annual Operating Plan, Rolling Forecasts, and monthly Risk & Opps. for both Opex and CAPEX.
- Participate in the strategic planning process and key decisions such as business restructuring, annual operations plans, pricing decision, budgeting and rolling Forecasts.
- Contribute on the deployment of Group Initiatives (eg., new procurement processes, tools, etc.) within the division.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures, operational best practices, and policies to improve the quality of company operations.
- Develop business cases and financial analysis for new product launches.
|SEE ALSO: Front Desk Officer at Dangote Group|
- Ensure that all the company’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislations.
- Monitor all open legal issues relating to financial matters.
- Maintain and administer internal control and compliance policy ensuring that all key risks are covered by appropriate rules.
- Report risk issues of the entity to the Board of Directors.
- Manage the company payroll alongside with the HR to ensure hitch free payment and adequate reporting.
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- Work with human resources units to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department.
- Serve as a Business Partner to a broad range of stakeholders (R&D teams, Marketing, S&D, Sales, IT, Procurement, Human Resources…) in the execution of their Strategic and Operating Plans.
- Respect BIC culture and contribute to the execution of BIC’s innovation agenda.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in accounting/business/finance
- Experience leading the finance function with direct reports
- Experience in the consumer goods industry and a blend of consulting is a strong plus
Deadline: Not Specified
NOTICE: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.
⚡️ Advertise your products or business to our 9,500+ unique subscribers. More info.
⚡️ Join other students to learn, upskill & get certified on Future Syllabus. Start learning.
⚡️ Get your books on Amazon, Okadabooks, Kobo, Selar, etc with ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ Get your ISBN, Editing, Cover Design & other book services at ACEworld. Click here.
⚡️ ️Publish your promotional content on any of our blogs at a discount. More info.