|Please check your E-mail inbox or spam to confirm.|
Its role in promoting democracy and stability in Africa generally, and particularly in West Africa; its increasing influence on the international scene; its weight in the war against poverty; its central position in the management of migration flows; its tradition of tolerance and openness, which deserves being supported and protected.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply to fill the latest job at ECOWAS.
Director of Information Technology, Organisation and Methods Department
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
- Reporting to the Secretary General, the Director of IT, Organization and Methods shall be responsible for the implementation of the Bank’s IT policy, and IT plan by coordinating, supervising and organizing activities relating to the Information Systems and Technologies of the Bank.
- Implement and monitor the IT policy of the Bank in line with the IT master plan;
- Define and implement IT methods, norms and standards;
- Plan, direct, organize and supervise the overall activities of the department;
- Ensure the implementation of policies, procedures and strategies governing the use of computers and office equipment;
- Identify and develop new systems for processing information to meet the needs of the Bank;
- Plan, procure and ensure the installation and maintenance of all IT equipment and peripherals and operating systems;
- Identify and assess the Bank’s IT needs in collaboration with all the Departments;
- Ensure the administration of systems, servers and all computers of the Bank;
- Advise Management of the Bank on all matters relating to IT;
- Participate actively in all activities of the Bank’s website Editorial Board;
- Consider the establishment of cost/benefit ratio of existing or proposed operating and management systems;
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the IT policy on the updating of computer software and equipment and also ensure their safety.
- Design and maintain a plan of data storage as well as an emergency plan that prevents work interruption in the event of breakdown of the main server;
- Perform any other duty assigned by Management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent certificate from a recognized University or Tertiary Institution;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years professional experience in Information Technology, preferably in a banking institution in which large scale projects have been carried out conclusively;
- Ability to think strategically in the implementation of IT programs;
- Vast experience in planning and executing major IT programs and projects;
- Mastery of Software Engineering concepts and technologies, and be conversant with relational and object oriented database concepts and their implementation;
- Sound knowledge in the application of processing tools such as: Oracle, XML, and WEB SERVICES will be highly desirable;
- Excellent knowledge of the Internet and of related technologies is imperative;
- Analytical mind, sense of organization and ability to work in a multicultural environment and capacity to accommodate cultural differences;
- Ability to take initiative, well-disciplined and able to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage a team in a multi-cultural environment, develop good relationships with other staff members, impart knowledge and be able to delegate duties and responsibilities, supervise and take decisions;
SEE ALSO: Latest Job at Interswitch Group
- Be a national of one of the ECOWAS Member States;
- Must not be above 45 years at the time of recruitment;
- Have sound knowledge of computer tools (Word, Excel, Access and Power Point);
- Proficiency in oral and written expression in one of the official ECOWAS languages of the Community (English, French or Portuguese). Knowledge of another language will be an additional advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “2023 RECRUITMENT PROGRAMME” as the subject of the mail.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.