> Check your mailbox or spam to confirm.
US Embassy of Nigeria – A diplomatic mission is a group of people from one state or an international inter-governmental organisation (such as the United Nations) present in another state to represent the sending state/organisation officially in the receiving state.
The U.S. Mission in Nigeria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Applications are invited from interested and qualified candidates to apply for the latest vacancies at the US Embassy of Nigeria.
HVAC Technician (NEC/NCC)
The incumbent reports directly to the Maintenance Team Lead. The position holder is employed as a Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work at the journeyman HVAC technician level, to International Building Code (IBC) standards, throughout all facilities on the New Embassy Compound/New Consulate Compound (NEC/NCC) to include office buildings, out buildings, ancillary structures, and residential owned/leased properties.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum of three (3) years of journey-level experience in the installation, operations, repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial HVAC/mechanical refrigeration systems is required. This includes work experience operating, maintaining, or repairing 100 ton chillers or larger, and large air-handling units.
- Work experience must demonstrate a progression of increased responsibility working on complex sophisticated equipment and components, including operation and maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- The incumbent must have superior knowledge, exceptional technical skills, and a thorough understanding of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems with an in-depth understanding of thermodynamics and how they apply to HVAC theories and principles.
- Must be well-versed in HVAC controls including motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, motorized and gravity dampers, and building automation systems and sensors. Must have a thorough understanding of US or IBC standards, mechanical / ASHRAE standards, indoor air quality standards, building pressurization, ductwork sizing and air flow principles, and fire and life safety codes.
Completion of secondary school and vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the HVAC field is required.
LANGUAGE: Good Working Knowledge Written/Speaking/Reading of English is required.
|SEE ALSO: Latest Vacancy at Julius Berger Nigeria|
Skills and Abilities:
- The incumbent must have superior skills and abilities in the following areas: troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing HVAC systems and components; taking and interpreting equipment readings with various meters to determine system performance; skilled in using all sorts of hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools typical of the HVAC trade to install, remove, update, and/or determine appropriate repairs to any component of a HVAC system including control sensors, controllers, motors and dampers.
- The incumbent must be computer literate with good skills using the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) software; able to apply basic math and algebra skills when sizing equipment; able to read and interpret construction and as-built drawings, and manufacturers technical literature; able to research the internet to find replacement parts for systems and equipment; and, knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and industry best practices to correct/resolve HVAC issues quickly. Must have substantial skill in comprehending engineering reports, specifications and related materials in English.
- Additional abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs; work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments; communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information. A valid and clear Nigeria driver’s license is required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks. Must be organized.
Salary: USD $13,923 /Per Year
Deadline: November 1, 2023
- Full Time
- Required Qualifications: SSCE – NCE – OND – BA/BSC/HND
- Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
The incumbent performs janitorial duties on all USG leased/owned properties. Incumbent is responsible for cleaning the unclassified spaces and receives expendable janitorial supplies from GSO Storeroom. The Incumbent is responsible for treatment and cleaning, restroom cleaning, high cleaning, wall cleaning, window cleaning, and deep cleaning of all Embassy Compound spaces. Incumbent reports directly to the Facility Management (FAC) Janitorial Supervisor.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive more jobs and other opportunities
Join our Telegram Group here.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Two (2) years of experience in commercial/office buildings cleaning is required.
|SEE ALSO: Nigeria Police Force Recruitment Programme 2023 – NPF|
Knowledge of current cleaning methods and materials is required. Knowledge of the safe handling of industry standard cleaning chemicals is required. Must be able to read, understand and properly use janitorial cleaning supplies instructions, materials, and equipment.
- Completion of Primary School is required
Skills and Abilities
- Must be a team player and work independently.
- Must have good customer service skills.
Salary: USD $5,839 /Per Year
Support & Insights
Do you have a question? Please use the comment below. We will respond accordingly.
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.