Legit.ng is giving young people a unique chance to tell their own stories of the Nigerian Independence. 3 winners get a prize of N115,000, N75,000 and N38,000 respectively to invest in their studies and professional growth.
The Big Naija Independence contest by Legit.ng is aimed at spotting young talented students passionate about journalism. It is a great opportunity for you to get your story heard!
There are three essay categories:
- Big Naija Independence: Your personal contribution: A true story on how you personally help your country to grow. It can be on your education, achievements or any other deeds that, in your opinion, help to improve the lives of Nigerian citizens, the atmosphere in your community or country in general. Please, show how your report improves the wider situation, not just your own experiences.
- Big Naija Independence: Lessons learned since 1960: An article on an event that had a major impact in the social, economic, cultural or any other important spheres in Nigerian society. You can consider both positive and negative aspects of it, but make sure it is related to present times. Try using a retrospective approach for showing how it can help in perspective.
- Big Naija Independence: Role of Women: As the role of women has been underestimated for quite long, it is time to uncover how women helped to build independence in Nigeria during these 60 years. Give an example of women's achievements and their unique influence on Big Naija Independence.
- The essay must be 400-1000 words in length, contain a main heading and several subheadings;
- Each individual can submit maximum of 1 essay;
- All essays must be submitted in .doc or .docx format, other formats will not be accepted;
- Only original, unique and written from scratch essays will be considered;
- Read the Competition Terms and Conditions provided down this page to find out more.
- Publishing an essay on your University's website with a link to Legit.ng might be considered as a plus in case applicants have the same scores.
- Goke Olaegbe, Legit.ng Managing Director
- Akinyemi Akinrujomu, Politics and Current Affairs Desk Manager
- Eromosele Ebhomele, Human Stories Desk Manager
- Nomso Obiajuru, Sports Desk Manager
- Sola Sanusi, Entertainment Desk Manager
- 3 winners get a prize of N115,000, N75,000 and N38,000 respectively
- Winners will have a chance to visit Legit.ng office, meet the team and hold a conversation with Legit.ng's Managing Director, Goke Olaegbe.
- The most original and interesting essays will be published at Legit.ng.
How to Apply
Click on the buttons below to proceed. Kindly read the terms and conditions before proceeding with submission.
TARGET: Young People
LEVEL: General Public
DEADLINE: 21st of November.
REMINDER: Support Room
Invite your friends to also participate in the contest. For questions, email them at email@example.com. For support and guide, join our support room.
Subscribe below to receive our recommended opportunities every Monday.
Is this article helpful? Kindly share below:
DISCLAIMER: Do not pay or release sensitive financial details to any organizer/recruiter unless futher verified from your end.